"FINLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Finland by hopang
Finland Travel Guide: 9,684 reviews and 22,267 photos
Finland is a Scandinavian or Nordic country located in Northern Europe. It is bordering Sweden to the west, Russia to the east and Norway to the north. South of Finland lies Estonia.
The capital of Finland is Helsinki which is also its largest city. Finland has a population of more than five million inhabitants. Its total area is slightly less than 340,000 square kilometres. Finland is the 8th largest country in Europe in terms of area.
Finland is a member of European Union (EU). Its official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Majority of Swedish people live in Åland, an island located to the west of mainland Finland. The capital of Åland is Mariehamn. Regular ferries ply between the port cities of Mariehamn, Helsinki, Stockholm and Tallinn.
The following are two of our favourite attractions regarding our trip to Finalnd:-
Take a cruise to Stockholm, Sweden if you are staying in Mariehamn, Åland, Finland for your vacations. You may travel with Cinderella of Viking Line. It is just a one and a half day cruise with accommodation on board. It promises to be a fun-filled vacation with lots of things to do onboard the ship ranging from tax-free shopping, fine dining, disco and nightclub dancing, swimming, health centre and not forgetting gambling at the casino.
Lutheran Cathedral is located at Senate Square just 300 meters from Saluhallen and the harbour of Helsinki. It is a lovely Russian Orthodox Cathedral, one of the few located in Northern Europe! We have been to the outside of Lutheran Cathedral at Senate Square on numerous occasions, probably five or six times, but we have never entered the Cathedral before! We will make it a point to enter the Cathedral at least once on our next trip to Helsinki. Nevertheless the Lutheran Cathedral is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city of Helsinki!
Mariehamn is the capital of Åland. Its town center is compartively small consisting of just a few streets. Yan can... more travel advice
Stockmann Department Store is located at Aleksanterinkatu right in the heart of the city of Helsinki just within a... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Finland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness"
- "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
- "It is never too hot in Finland"
- "Fin de Lande"
- "IMPORTANT FINLAND FACTS"
- "Finland, it is quite fine land, may I say"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Finland
- Hotels in Finland
- Transportation in Finland
- Nightlife in Finland
- Restaurants in Finland
- Shopping in Finland
- Warnings and Dangers in Finland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finland
- 18 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finland
Videos in FinlandSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 117 reviews, 1032 photos, 73 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 518 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 33 reviews, 502 photos, 45 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues