"SOUTH KOREA" Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea by hopang
South Korea Travel Guide: 6,848 reviews and 19,185 photos
South Korea is located in East Asia, occupying the southern half of the Korean Peninsual. South Korea is also known as the Land of the Morning Calm. It is bordering People's Republic of China to the west, Japan to the east and North Korea to the north. South Korea is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. The capital of South Korea is Seoul which is also its largest city.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in South Korea:-
Lotte World is a large theme park located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. It is also one of the top tourist attractions in South Korea and attracts approximately five million visitors a year. It was officially opened in 1989. Its indoor amusement park is the largest indoor amusement park in the world. Lovely monorail system links the outdoor theme park from the indoor amusement park as depicted in our lovely picture on the left. You can view more lovely pictures of Lotte World attractions at our traveloques below!
Yongdusan Park (also known as Dragon Head Park) is located at Mount Yongdusan in Jung-gu, Busan. The park is relatively small and occupies an area of slightly less than 70,000 square metres. Nevertheless, the park has several tourist attractions including the statue of Admiral Yi Sun-sin, Flower Clock as depicted in our lovely photo on the right, 4.19 Revolution Monument and the popular Busan Tower. It is also home to approximately 70 different species of trees and flowers.
The park is named Yongdusan simply because the shape of the mountain looks like the head of a dragon. The top of the hill is approximately 70 metres above sea level. The view from the park over the city of Busan is breath-taking and spectacular especially at night! This is a favourite meeting place for the locals as well as foreign tourists. Admission to the park is free.
Seoul Metropolitan Subway is one of the most convenient and most advanced rapid transit systems in the world. It is... more travel advice
KAL Hotel is located on the northern coast of Cheju Island, approximately 4 kilometres from Cheju International Airport.... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
South Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Korea: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!"
- "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
- "South Korea"
- "SOUTH KOREA"
- "Korea, Coree, Corea, Hanguk, Daehanminguk"
- "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- "South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Korea
- Hotels in South Korea
- Transportation in South Korea
- Nightlife in South Korea
- Restaurants in South Korea
- Shopping in South Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in South Korea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Korea
- 30 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to South Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Korea
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 117 reviews, 1036 photos, 74 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 78 reviews, 1023 photos, 92 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 108 reviews, 935 photos, 74 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 45 reviews, 872 photos, 84 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 58 reviews, 619 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues