"SWEDEN" Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden by hopang
Sweden Travel Guide: 12,759 reviews and 39,809 photos
Sweden is located in northern Europe and is bordering by Norway in the west, Finland in the east and Denmark in the south west. These four countries are also known as Scandinavian countries or Nordic countries. Sweden is a member of European Union (EU). Stockholm is the largest city in Sweden. It is also the capital of Sweden with a population of approximately one million inhabitants. The total population of Sweden is approximately nine million inhabitants. Other large cities in Sweden include Gothenburg, Malmo and Uppsala. The total area of Sweden is approximately 450,000 square kilometres. It is in fact the fourth largest country in Europe.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Sweden:-
Cruise around the main island of Trossö by M/s Spättan is a very popular boat cruise provided by Affärsverken in the archipelago of Karkskrona, only approximately 80 kilometer south of Kalmar in southeastern Sweden. M/s Spättan can accommodate up to 50 paying passengers with a Swedish and English speaking tourist guide explaning the various interesting attractions around the island and the archipelago.
The boat is approximately 14 meter long and four meter wide and cruising at the speed of around eight knots. The fare for this cruise is SEK 75.00 per adult and SEK 35.00 for children and takes approximately one hour to complete the journey. Own food and drinks are allowed to be consumed on the boat. We certainly had a wonderful time in Karlskrona. You may e-mail to the following address for more information about this cruise and/or other transportation by boats around the beautiful archipelago of Karlskrona:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Uppsala Castle (Uppsala Slott) is located at the summit of Slottsbacken just 150 meters from Fyris River in the heart of the city of Uppsala. It was built during the reign of King Gustav Vasa in the 16th century to defend the city from enemy attack. Today it is the residence of the County Governor of Uppsala County. It is also home to Uppsala Museum of Art and the Hall of State. An interesting tourist attraction at the castle is the old Vasaborgen located beneath the castle towards the Botanical Garden.
Uppsalaslott is one of the landmarks of Uppsala and a popular tourist attraction. It dominates the landscape of Uppsala City together with the Uppsala Cathedral. The castle was almost entirely damaged by the big fire of 1702. It took many years to rebuild the castle. Nevertheless the restored facade was different from that of the original. The castle's present facade has two round spires on both sides of the main building. Gunilla Bell is located outside the castle together with several cannons as depicted on our photo to the right. It overlooks Uppsala Cathedral. Gunilla Bell was donated by the wife of King Johan III and is still in usable condition.
Krusenberg Herrgård is located at Lake Mälaren in Knivsta, approximately half an hour drive by car from Arlanda... more travel advice
The Burial Mounds is one of the most popular tourist attractions at Gamla Uppsala (Old Uppsala) in Uppsala. Tens of... more travel advice
- See All Tourist Information Office in Västervik
- See All Boat cruise in Karlskrona
- See All Boney M at Uppsala's Media Markt
- See All Swedish Festivals
hopang's Related Pages
Sweden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sweden!"
- "It's in my blood"
- "Sverige - beautiful all year round :-)))"
- "Sweden - Sverige"
- "Make the right turns when you're here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sweden
- Hotels in Sweden
- Transportation in Sweden
- Nightlife in Sweden
- Restaurants in Sweden
- Shopping in Sweden
- Warnings and Dangers in Sweden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sweden
- 104 Reviews
- 494 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Sweden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sweden
Videos in SwedenSee All Videos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues