"DENMARK" Denmark by hopang
Denmark Travel Guide: 7,196 reviews and 19,239 photos
Denamark is located in Northern Europe. It is one of the Scandinavian or Nordic countries. Its approximate location is south of Norway, south-west of Sweden, north of Germany and east of Great Britain. It is a member of European Union (EU) and is also a founding member of NATO.
The capital of Denamrk is Copenhagen which is also its largest city. Danish is its official language. Denamrk has a population of approximately 5½ million inhabitants. Over 90% of the population are ethnic Danish. It has a total area of approximately 43,000 square kilometres. The Statue of Little Mermaid (picture on top) in Copenhagen is one of the landmarks in Denmark!
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Denmark:-
Kongens Nytorv (King's New Square) is located between Amalienborg Palace and Nyhavn in the heart of the city of Copenhagen. The King's New Square is one of the most beautiful squares in Copenhagen. It was designed by King Christian V in the 17th century with an equestrian statue of himself in the center with four statues below representing Queen Artemisia, Alexander the Great, Pallas Athena and Hercules. The square was reconstructed by King Frederik V in the middle of the 18th century.
Many historical and famous buildings surround the square such as Hotel D'Angleterre (1795), Charlottenborg Palace, Royal Theatre (1872), Magasin du Nord department store and Thotts Palace which is now home to the French Embassy. Cobblestone streets with chairs for pedestrians to sit down and relax surround the square.
Canal boat tour is an ideal and wonderful way to see the city of Copenhagen from the water, i.e. from the canal and the harbour. It is a major tourist attraction in Copenhagen!
There are several operators to choose from and the major one is DFDS which departs from Nyhavn near Kongens Nytorv in the heart of the city of Copenhagen. Guided tours cost between DKK 40.00 and 60.00 per adult and half price for a child. Operating hours are between 9.00 a.m. and 8.00 p.m. daily during the summer months. Hop-on hop-off water bus without guide is another excellent choice to see Copenhagen from the water.
The guided boat tour lasts approximately 60 minutes. Attractions where the boat will be passing along the way include architectural buildings of Nyhavn, Little Mermaid, Amalienborg Palace, Holmen, the Stock Exchange building, the Royal Library, Trekroner Fortress and Cristianborg. Don't miss the canal boat tour when you visit Copenhagen on your vacation!
The Statue of H. C. Andersen (Hans Christian Andersen) is located at Rådhuspladsen next to Tivoli amusement park in the... more travel advice
An interesting day trip out of the city of Copenhagen if you have time to spare when you are having a vacation in... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Denmark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the place where my grandma came from"
- "COPENHAGEN-One of Europes Oldest cities..."
- "On top of Denmark"
- "Home of Legoland, HC Andersen and butter cookies"
- "DENMARK - welcome to Scandanavia!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denmark
- Hotels in Denmark
- Transportation in Denmark
- Nightlife in Denmark
- Restaurants in Denmark
- Shopping in Denmark
- Warnings and Dangers in Denmark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denmark
- 16 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Denmark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denmark
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues