"ITALY" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy by hopang
Italy Travel Guide: 73,000 reviews and 200,282 photos
Italy is located on the Italian Peninsula in Southern Europe. It shares the borders in the north with France, Austria, Switzerland and Slovenia. Independent states of Vatican City and San Marino are located inside the Italian Peninsula.
Italy is a member of European Union (EU), G8 and North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). It is sub-divided into 20 regions. It has a population of approximately 60 million inhabitants. Rome is the capital of Italy and is also its largest city. Other large cities in Italy include Milan, Naples, Turin, Palermo and Genoa. Interesting cities designated as world heritage sites by UNESCO to visit are Pisa, Siena, Florence and Verona in addition to Rome.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Italy:-
The Roman Forum is located just within a stone's throw from the Roman Colloseum between the Palatine Hill and Capitoline Hill in the heart of the city of Rome. It consists of impressive ancient Roman ruins which are quite well preserved. The exact years in which the Roman Forum was constructed is not known. Nevertheless it was used as a city square in the past as well as for justice and faith. Among the ruins which are still standing today are the Temple of Saturn, the Temple of Antoninus and Faustine, the Temple of Castor and Pollux, the Temple of Vesta and the Column of Phocas.
Admission to the Roman Forum is free. The area is quite large and some walking is necessary. There are also plenty of opportunities to take lovely photographs. Take the opportunity to visit Roman Forum when you are in Rome for holidays or for business.
The Gothic style Palazzo Pubblico which is also the City Hall of Siena, is home to Museo Civico (the Civic Museum) located at Piazza del Campo 1 in the historic centre of Siena. Palazzo Pubblico was constructed in the 13th century while Museo Civico was founded in 1930.
Museo Civico today is home to some of the finest Sienese and Italian paintings, sculptures and frescoes that can be found in Siena in particular and Italy in general. A well-known painting by Simone Martini known as Allegory of Good and Bad Government is one of the popular art attractions in the museum. The museum attracts millions of tourists annually and is considered as one of the most popular tourist attractions in Siena.
Opening hours are between 10.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. daily during the summer months. Admission fee is approximately 10.00 euros per adult. Don't miss Museo Civico when you visit Siena!
The highlight of our trip to the city of Milan is visiting the terrace of Duomo. Allow yourself between one and two... more travel advice
Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral Square) is one of the largest squares in the city of Milan. It is situated roughly in the... more travel advice
- See All Bus from Milan to Serravalle Designer...
- See All Milan Tourism Point in Milan
- See All Souvenir book - Art and History Milan
- See All Excellent Neopolitan pizzas and Italian...
- See All An excellent 4 star hotel
- Jewish Community of Venice
- Passion for gambling
- See All Free guided walking tour in Vatican City
- Main Stadium, Chianciano Terme
- Praying at the chapel, Vatican City
- Beware of pickpockets!
Been to Italy?Share your travels with the world!
hopang's Related Pages
Italy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buongiorno Italia, Ti amo Italia"
- "Italia nel cuore"
- "ITALIA - PREGO!"
- "Italy - awakens passion, life & confidence"
- "The Many Faces of Italy"
- "Paul's Journey through Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Italy
- Hotels in Italy
- Transportation in Italy
- Nightlife in Italy
- Restaurants in Italy
- Shopping in Italy
- Warnings and Dangers in Italy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Italy
- 153 Reviews
- 990 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Italy
Videos in ItalySee All Videos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 117 reviews, 1032 photos, 73 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 78 reviews, 1023 photos, 92 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 45 reviews, 872 photos, 84 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 108 reviews, 735 photos, 48 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 58 reviews, 619 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues