"MONACO" Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco by hopang
Monaco Travel Guide: 1,206 reviews and 3,629 photos
Monaco is situated between France and the Mediterranean Sea and is only one hour drive from Nice in France. It is regarded as a tax haven with many multi-millionaires residing at Monte Carlo, considered as its capital.
Monaco is a Constitutional Monarchy and its head of state is Prince Albert II. It is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. Majority of the popluation are French speaking. It has an amazing harbour with spectacular view, with many foreign tourists visiting the country during the mild summer months especially between the months of June and September.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Monaco:-
Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium is located within a stone's throw of the Prince's Palace in the city of Monte Carlo. The museum contains lots of sea fauna and its aquarium is one of the finest we have seen in Europe. Many of the exhibits were donated by its founder Prince Albert I. It was offically opened to the public in 1910.
The museum is opened to the public daily. Entrance fees for adults and children are 12.50 and 6.00 euros respectively. Please visit our Monaco travelogue below for more lovely photographs of the Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium in Monte Carlo.
Monte Carlo Casino is located at Place du Casino at Monte Carlo quarter not far from the center of the city. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city of Monte Carlo. It is also one of the most famous landmarks in the city of Monte Carlo. Monte Carlo Casino is home to Grand Theatre de Monte Carlo. The facade of the building has one of the finest architectures in the city.
Monte Carlo Casino was designed by Charles Garnier and was constructed in 1878. It is owned by Societe des Bains de Mer. It hosts the grand final of European Poker Tour every year.The casino is opened to the public throughout the year and dress code applies before admission.
Café de Paris is one of the most famous and one of the oldest cafe restaurants in the city of Monte Carlo. It is also... more travel advice
If you are staying in the city of Monte Carlo for a longer period why not take a day or two trip to Cannes in French... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Monaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monte-Carlo, Monaco"
- "MONACO - The Land of the Rich and Famous"
- "Small Pricipality in the Cote d'Azure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monaco
- Hotels in Monaco
- Transportation in Monaco
- Nightlife in Monaco
- Restaurants in Monaco
- Shopping in Monaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Monaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monaco
- 20 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Monaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monaco
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 117 reviews, 1036 photos, 74 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 78 reviews, 1023 photos, 92 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 45 reviews, 872 photos, 84 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 108 reviews, 751 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 58 reviews, 619 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues