Malta Favorite Tips by hopang Top 5 Page for this destination
Malta Favorites: 193 reviews and 185 photos
Malta International Airport
Favorite thing: If you are a non EU citizen purchasing a package tour which includes hotel and transfers from an EU country visiting another EU country such as Malta, it is advisable to let your travel agent know that you are a non EU citizen so that they can inform their counterparts in the country that you are visiting.
Malta is one of the few countries in the European Union that do not have a separate passage that leads directly to the baggage section for EU arrivals. All passengers must pass through immigration checkpoints. If you are holding a non EU passport, you have to queue up at immigration counters for non EU citizens to have your passport checked and stamped by immigration officials. The queue may be quite long depending on the number of international arrivals.
We had a bad experience at Malta International Airport. We are Malaysian citizens purchasing a package tour which included hotel and transfers to Malta from Sweden. Unfortunately there were several international arrivals from non EU countries about the same time we arrived in Malta. We ended up queuing at the immigration counters for almost an hour. Our tour guide in Malta thought that we were not coming and left the airport. We subsequently took a taxi from the airport to our hotel by our own. It cost us approximately 20.00 euros. Fortunately we were able to claim back the taxi fare from our tour agent in Sweden. The inconveniences can easily be avoided by letting your travel agent know that you are non EU citizens!
Favorite thing: The following are details of Tourist Information Offices on the main island of Malta:-
1) Vallettta, capital of Malta -
Address: 1, City Arcades, City Gate, Valletta.
Tel: +356 2291 5440
Fax: +356 2125 5844
Opening hours: Between 9.00 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. from Mondays to Saturdays, and between 9.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. on Sundays and public holidays.
2) Malta International Airport -
Arrivals Lounge, Luga.
Tel: +356 2369 6073
Fax: +356 2182 2072
Opening hours are between 10.00 a.m. and 9.00 p.m. daily.
You can obtain free guides and maps from the tourist information offices when you arrive at Malta. Pocket Malta (photo 1) is an excellent guide book with the compliments of Globeground Malta. Going Places by Bus in Malta and Gozo (photo 2) is an excellent holiday guide which contains the bus route numbers and free map of the Maltese islands. Make sure you get these copies when you visit the tourist information office in Malta!
Street at Sliema
Favorite thing: Remember to bring along all your essential items if you have to travel to Malta on a Sunday or a public holiday. Almost all shops, department stores and shopping malls close on Sundays and public holidays. We forgot to bring along our toothbrushes and toothpastes to Malta. As a consequence we had to search for a sundry shop along the Promenade from Sliema to St. Julian's after approximately three kilometer walk!
More Reviews (40)
- See All Garden of Grand Master's Palace,...
- See All General
- See All An elegant casino
- See All Open-air Markets, Victoria, Gozo Island
hopang's Related Pages
Malta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Second Home"
- "Maltese Memories"
- "Malta - my home"
- "REPUBLIC OF MALTA"
- "Maltese- Deep Down"
- "Malta - My Home from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malta
- Hotels in Malta
- Transportation in Malta
- Nightlife in Malta
- Restaurants in Malta
- Shopping in Malta
- Warnings and Dangers in Malta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malta
- 43 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Malta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malta
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 117 reviews, 1032 photos, 73 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 78 reviews, 1023 photos, 92 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 45 reviews, 872 photos, 84 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 108 reviews, 671 photos, 40 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 58 reviews, 619 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues