"REPUBLIC OF MALTA" Top 5 Page for this destination Malta by hopang
Malta Travel Guide: 5,606 reviews and 13,366 photos
Republic of Malta consists of three major islands and other smaller islands. The three main islands are Malta island, Gozo and Comino. Republic of Malta is located in Meditterannean Sea less than 100 kilometres south of Sicily in Italy. Malta has become a popular tourist destination among the Europeans and the Americans.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in the Republic of Malta:-
Ggantija Temples are located at Xaghra on the island of Gozo. They are pre-historic megalithic temple complex consisting of two temples which were excavated in the 19th century. The well-preserved ruins of the temples date back to at least 3000 BC, probably more than 5,500 years old. They are considered as the oldest free standing monument in the world! Ggantija Temples are one of the most important archeological sites in Malta. They were listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1980.
Mosta Dome is a church located at Mosta in main Malta island. Construction of Mosta Dome was completed in the 19th century. The church was designed by Girogio Grongnet, a popular Maltese architect. The dome has a diameter of approximately 37 metres. It is regarded as one of the largest domes in the world.
During the second world war, several bombs were dropped on the roof of the church where several hundreds worshippers were inside the church. Miraculously all the bombs did not explode. Replica of the bombs is displayed in the church.
If you are a non EU citizen purchasing a package tour which includes hotel and transfers from an EU country visiting... more travel advice
Valletta has some interesting city streets especially its back streets. Pay attention to some of the balconies of the... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Malta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Second Home"
- "Maltese Memories"
- "Malta - my home"
- "REPUBLIC OF MALTA"
- "Maltese- Deep Down"
- "VT Meetings are for Little Islands Too!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malta
- Hotels in Malta
- Transportation in Malta
- Nightlife in Malta
- Restaurants in Malta
- Shopping in Malta
- Warnings and Dangers in Malta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malta
- 43 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Malta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malta
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues