"CZECH REPUBLIC" Top 5 Page for this destination Czech Republic by hopang
Czech Republic Travel Guide: 16,895 reviews and 39,827 photos
Czech Republic is located in Central Europe. It is bordering Germany to the west, Poland to the north-east, Austria to the south and Slovakia to the east. Czech republic is a member of NATO since 1999 and a member of the European Union (EU) since 2004. The capital of Czech Republic is Prague which is also its largest city. Its official language is Czech although English is also widely spoken in the Czech Republic.
Czech Republic has a total area of slightly less than 80,000 square kilometres. It has a population of slightly more than ten million inhabitants.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in the Czech Republic:-
St. Vitus Cathedral is located inside the complex of the Prague Castle at Hradcanske namesti, the highest point of the city of Prague. It is a Roman Catholic Cathedral in Gothic style of architecture. The history of St. Vitus Cathedral dates back to the 10th century during the reign of Prince Vaclav I. It was formerly known as St. Vitus, St Wenceslas and St. Adalbert Cathedral. The present cathedral was established in the 14th century during the reign of King Charles IV.
St Vitus Cathedral is the largest and the most important cathedral in the Czech Republic. It is the seat of Archbishop of Prague. The cathedral contains the tombs of former Bohemian kings, saints and emperors. The interior of the cathedral has lovely stained glass windows. Admission to the cathedral is free. Opening hours are between 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. from Monday to Saturday and between 12.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. on Sunday during the summer months.
Karlstejn Castle is located approximately 25 kilometres south west of Prague, the capital of Czech Republic. It is one of the most beautiful castles in the Czech Republic. The castle was built in 1365 under reign of Roman Emperor Charles IV. Today it is one of the most visited castles in the country attracting millions of foreign tourists from all over the world every year.
Karlstejn Castle is located on top of a hill overlooking Berounka River. The best way to travel to Karlstejn Castle is by train which runs every 60 minutes to the town of Karlstejn from Central Prague.
When you visit Letnany Shopping Complex to do your shopping, take the opportunity to visit Fontana Food Court to sample... more travel advice
Pure genuine crystals and glasses are very popular in the Czech Republic. They are also of the highest quality too. Take... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Czech Republic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Czechia - great architecture & landscapes"
- "CZECH REPUBLIC"
- "The Czech Republic"
- "Following the UNESCO World Heritage sites"
- "Czech Republic: Finding Beers & Hockey Players"
- "Paul2001's Czech Republic page"
- "Adventures in Czechia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Czech Republic
- Hotels in Czech Republic
- Transportation in Czech Republic
- Nightlife in Czech Republic
- Restaurants in Czech Republic
- Shopping in Czech Republic
- Warnings and Dangers in Czech Republic
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Czech Republic
- 27 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Czech Republic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Czech Republic
Photos in Czech RepublicSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Lithuania Intro, 16 reviews, 471 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (231)
Top Czech Republic hotels
- Prague Hotels
- 11819 Reviews - 24788 Photos
- Brno Hotels
- 468 Reviews - 1026 Photos
- Ostrava Hotels
- 158 Reviews - 302 Photos
- Karlovy Vary Hotels
- 202 Reviews - 677 Photos
- Plzen Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 420 Photos
- Marianske Lazne Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 206 Photos
- Cheb Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 141 Photos
- Cesky Krumlov Hotels
- 331 Reviews - 947 Photos
- Ceske Budejovice Hotels
- 154 Reviews - 523 Photos
- Teplice Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Olomouc Hotels
- 281 Reviews - 1000 Photos
- Telc Hotels
- 132 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Kutna Hora Hotels
- 336 Reviews - 849 Photos
- Hradec Kralove Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 72 Photos
- Usti nad Labem Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 87 Photos