"CYPRUS" Cyprus by hopang
Cyprus Travel Guide: 3,959 reviews and 10,148 photos
Cyprus is located in the eastern part of Mediterranean Sea. It is the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. It is located approximately east of Greece, west of Israel, south of Turkey and north of Egypt. It is a former British colony. It receieved independent from the British in 1960. Today it is a member of British Commonwealth.
Cyprus is also a member of European Union (EU) since 2004. Nicosia is its capital. Its official languages are Greek and Turkish. Republic of Cyprus has a total area of approximately 9,000 square kilometres. Cyprus has a population of approximately 800,000 inhabitants. Cyprus attracts many foreign tourists throughout the year due to its mild winter. Approximately three million foreign tourists visit Cyprus every year.
The photo was taken beside a swimming pool at a five star hotel at Fig Tree Bay near Protaras and Ayia Napa. The hotel does not prevent anyone from taking a refreshment or two at it's cafés, bars and restaurants.
The Liberty Monument is located at Eleftheria Square at the junctions of Nikoforos Phokas and Koraes Streets in the Old Town of Nicosia. It is the most photographed monument and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Nicosia. It is also a favourite meeting place for the locals.
The Liberty Monument comprises 14 bronze statues of prisoners, both men and women released from prison topped by the Statue of Liberty. It was erected in 1973 to commemorate the release of EOKA (Ethniki Organosis Kyprion Agoniston) fighters in 1959. EOKA was a right wing National Organisation of Cypriot Fighters with approximately 1,200 fighters who fought for the liberation of Cyprus from British colonial rule between 1955 and 1959 and for union with Greece. The bronze statues did not include Turkish Cypriots!
Restaurant Eztiatopio is one of the largest buffet restaurants, if not the largest, at Troodos Mountains. You can see... more travel advice
Troodos Mountains are located in the middle of the island of Cyprus between Nicosia, the capital and the coastal city of... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Cyprus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "C Y P R U S - THE ISLAND OF APHRODITE"
- "my 7 days in Cyprus"
- "Rachel_Sun's Cyprus Page"
- "Cyprus - The Land Of Aphrodite"
- "Cyprus..The Emerald of the Mediterranean.."
- "KIBRIS/CYPRUS... The Magical Tale of Mediterranean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cyprus
- Hotels in Cyprus
- Transportation in Cyprus
- Nightlife in Cyprus
- Restaurants in Cyprus
- Shopping in Cyprus
- Warnings and Dangers in Cyprus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cyprus
- 23 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Cyprus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cyprus
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 518 photos, 23 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 33 reviews, 502 photos, 45 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues