Austria Packing List Tips by hopang Top 5 Page for this destination
Austria What to Pack: 30 reviews and 32 photos
Wonderful souvenir magnets from Vienna
Miscellaneous: We collect refrigerator's magnets. We always make it a point to purchase some refrigerator's magnets when we travel abroad. So the city of Vienna is no exception. We bought several of them as depicted on our above photographs. It cost just €4.00 per piece. Most of them we bought from the souvenir shop at the main entrance of Prater Amusement Park in the city of Vienna. We chose some of them depicting the famous Viennese composer Mozart as we came to Vienna to watch Mozart concert. They are certainly wonderful to look at especially when you are free!
An excellent Vienna guidebook
Miscellaneous: When you visit Vienna on your vacation, it is highly recommended to purchase on the first day of your Vienna visit, an important and excellent guidebook on Vienna known as "Vienna - City guide with a city map and a map of the underground" by Verlag Bauer Wien. It costs just 7.90 euros each and you are able to purchase it from many souvenir shops or bookstores in the city of Vienna especially at walking streets and subway stations. Lots of important information and colourful photographs about Vienna and its colourful history are depicted in this excellent guidebook.
Two excellent monthly guidebooks on events in the city we received from Hotel Holiday Inn City in Vienna are Guide to Vienna (photo 2) and Wien-Programm (photo 3). Guide to Vienna for December 2009 with interesting city walks and culture is printed by Halo Wien. You may visit their website below for more information. Wien-Programm lists all the events and scene for the month happening in Vienna especially operas, concerts and other entertainments. Both guidebooks contain free interesting city maps. We are sure you shall be able to obtain these guidebooks from your hotel or the tourist information office in the city.
26th December, 2009 - sunny at Lower Belvedere
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: For those who happen to visit Vienna in particular or Austria in general during the winter months, make sure you read the weather forecast of the region before bringing along with you either thick winter jackets or just mild winter jackets. Winter in Austria can be very extreme. It can be as cold as minus ten degrees Celcius or as warm as plus fifteen degrees Celcius.
When we were in Vienna on Christmas weekend last month, the winter was quite mild, i.e. the temperatures were between plus seven and nine degrees Celcius. But one week earlier before we arrived in Vienna , the temperature was minus eight degrees Celcius in the city of Vienna. It was even sunny on 26th December when we were there. We had a pleasant Christmas! You may read Vienna's weather forecast at below website:-
A Vienna map
Miscellaneous: Vienna is a large city - one of the largest in Europe! It is possible to purchase one city map of Vienna from many parts of the world before you travel to the city of Vienna or you can purchase a map from many souvenir shops and/or bookstores in Vienna when you arrive.
Most city maps cost less than 10.00 euros each. The map as depicted in our image on the right is an excellent city map by Hallwag International which costs only 79.00 SEK each (approximately 8.00 euros). We bought this map in Sweden before we travelled to Vienna. It contains a city map with a scale of 1:15,000 and a map of Vienna subway system with important telephone numbers. Make it a point to get a copy if you do not have any before travelling to the city of Vienna!
Of course you can also obtain a free map of Vienna from tourist information office or from the hotel where you are staying as depicted in our second photograph. But it is not as clear as the one we bought from Sweden. For more information regarding the free map, you may e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Contact: Fax: +43124555/666
More Reviews (54)
- See All The village of Grinzing, outskirt of...
- See All Reasonably-priced Midi breakfast at...
- Day trip to Bratislava from Vienna by...
- See All One of the largest shopping malls in the...
- See All By S-bahn (S7) from VIE to city center...
hopang's Related Pages
Austria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Austria - Where to go and what to do !"
- "Classy Austria"
- "Paul2001's Austria Page"
- "4 Visits and 1 conclusion... Stunning!!"
- "Country of mountains, country of streams..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Austria
- Hotels in Austria
- Transportation in Austria
- Nightlife in Austria
- Restaurants in Austria
- Shopping in Austria
- Warnings and Dangers in Austria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Austria
- 58 Reviews
- 619 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Austria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austria
Videos in AustriaSee All Videos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 117 reviews, 1032 photos, 73 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 78 reviews, 1023 photos, 92 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 45 reviews, 872 photos, 84 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 108 reviews, 671 photos, 40 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 58 reviews, 619 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues