"Hard to get to, but oh my what a great air museum" McMinnville by fred98115
McMinnville Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 96 photos
This is one of the world's great air and space museums located in a town an hour outside of Portland, Oregon. The featured plane is the Spruce Goose, the world's largest wooden airplane. You have to see it to believe it. This is only the start since there are also sections devoted to planes from different eras plus engines. We did not see the Space building, IMAX, or try out the water playpark. The negative is that access to it is poorly signed plus the drive approach from I-5 is on a two-way local road through communities with many, many stoplights. Plan on an hour from I-5.
- Pros:Wonderful airplanes all over the place
- Cons:Hard to get to due to the traffic lights and roads
While the gem of the collection at the Evergreen Aviation museum is the Spruce Goose, there is an extensive collection... more travel advice
fred98115's Related Pages
McMinnville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the Spruce Goose Nests"
- "McMinnville in a nutshell"
- "AussieKitten's McMinnville Page"
- "grantl's new McMinnville Page"
- "Hard to get to, but oh my what a great air museum"
- "A little town close to wineries..."
- "oneonta_ni's new McMinnville Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in McMinnville
- Hotels in McMinnville
- Restaurants in McMinnville
- Shopping in McMinnville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in McMinnville
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to McMinnville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in McMinnville
- Wrote a Review More than Spruce Goose at Aviation Museum in McMinnville Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "More than Spruce Goose at Aviation Museum"
- updated a McMinnville Travel Page "Hard to get to, but oh my what a great air museum"
- Posted in Travel Antarctica Forum "Value of one day air excursion to..."
Photos in McMinnvilleSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Great Falls Intro, 11 reviews, 56 photos
- Alaska Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Bentonville Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Fredericksburg Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos
No friends yet.