"Important Lewis and Clark Trail Site" Hat Rock State Park by fred98115
Hat Rock State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
We were following the Trail segment from Seaside to Great Falls and stopped here late in the afternoon. Lewis and Clark, drifiting down the Columbia River, noted a strange geological formation near the river. It was a butte shaped like a hat, and so it is named Hat Rock. They camped here, as do many people today because it is one of the Oregon State parks. Side note, we have found their park system to be the best in the USA. Emulating the explorers, we sauntered up the path to the base of the volcanic formation and marveled at its face.
- Pros:Pleasant walk to unique geological site
- Cons:Not shaded, expect sun
- In a nutshell:Photograph Lewis and Clark site in Eastern Oregon
fred98115's Related Pages
Hat Rock State Park Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hat Rock State Park
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Hat Rock State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hat Rock State Park
- Wrote a Review Photograph unique geological formation in Hat Rock State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Photograph unique geological formation"
- created a Hat Rock State Park Travel Page "Important Lewis and Clark Trail Site"
- Posted in Travel Antarctica Forum "Value of one day air excursion to..."
Photos in Hat Rock State ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Great Falls Intro, 11 reviews, 56 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Ny-Ålesund Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- North Iceland Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.