"Important Site of Lewis and Clark Expedition" Great Falls by fred98115
Great Falls Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 79 photos
We were following the Expedition's route in reverse from the coast to Great Falls. The Expedition arrived at Great Falls and were astounded. They expected one fall, but found five. They expected an easy portage of a few days, but it turned into a prolonged battle with ravines for eighteen miles. Today, the Missouri is dammed several times. Photographers: return here often because the lighting and cloud conditions change rapidly.
- Pros:Much history located here
- Cons:Civilization interferes with the sites
- In a nutshell:Many Lewis and Clark activities in Great Falls
There is a trail along the Missouri River from which you can see and photograph the middle three Great Falls. It's a... more travel advice
fred98115's Related Pages
Great Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Falls. Montana"
- "GREAT FALLS, MONTANA"
- "LS451's new Great Falls Page"
- "The Electric City"
- "MONTANA* MONTANA"
- "Important Site of Lewis and Clark Expedition"
- "Great Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Great Falls
- Hotels in Great Falls
- Transportation in Great Falls
- Nightlife in Great Falls
- Restaurants in Great Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Great Falls
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Great Falls
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Great Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Falls
Photos in Great FallsSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Ny-Ålesund Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- North Iceland Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
No friends yet.