"Important Site of Lewis and Clark Expedition" Great Falls by fred98115
Great Falls Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 119 photos
We were following the Expedition's route in reverse from the coast to Great Falls. The Expedition arrived at Great Falls and were astounded. They expected one fall, but found five. They expected an easy portage of a few days, but it turned into a prolonged battle with ravines for eighteen miles. Today, the Missouri is dammed several times. Photographers: return here often because the lighting and cloud conditions change rapidly.
- Pros:Much history located here
- Cons:Civilization interferes with the sites
- In a nutshell:Many Lewis and Clark activities in Great Falls
For the person retracing the Lewis and Clark trail, this is arguably the best of the many interpretive centers between... more travel advice
When Lewis and Clark scouted for a portage route around the great falls, they first did so across the river and missed... more travel advice
fred98115's Related Pages
Great Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Falls. Montana"
- "GREAT FALLS, MONTANA"
- "LS451's new Great Falls Page"
- "The Electric City"
- "MONTANA* MONTANA"
- "Important Site of Lewis and Clark Expedition"
- "Great Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Great Falls
- Hotels in Great Falls
- Transportation in Great Falls
- Nightlife in Great Falls
- Restaurants in Great Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Great Falls
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Great Falls
- 11 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Great Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Falls
- Wrote a Review Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in Great Falls Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rainbow Falls, another the Expedition bypassed"
- updated a Great Falls Travel Page "Important Site of Lewis and Clark Expedition"
- Posted in Travel Antarctica Forum "Value of one day air excursion to..."
Photos in Great FallsSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Great Falls Intro, 11 reviews, 56 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Ny-Ålesund Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- North Iceland Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.