"Kiel Canal, Shortcut to the Baltic" Kiel by fred98115
Kiel Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 310 photos
The Kiel Canal is a 60 mile canal from Brunsbuttel on the Elbe River to Kiel, gateway to the Baltic Sea. We were on a cruise ship, the Prinsendam, that is one of the few that can go through the canal and sail under the bridges. The overall height must be under 40 meters, which this ship can make by lowering its communications mast.
- Pros:Canal lets you sail through the German countryside
fred98115's Related Pages
Kiel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quite a cool city!"
- "THE SAILING CITY OF KIEL"
- "the "little" Kiel"
- "Ferry to Göteborg, some impressions before we left"
- "City of Sails"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kiel
- Hotels in Kiel
- Transportation in Kiel
- Restaurants in Kiel
- Shopping in Kiel
- Warnings and Dangers in Kiel
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kiel
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kiel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kiel
Photos in KielSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Ny-Ålesund Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- North Iceland Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
No friends yet.