"Strokkur Geyser" Geysir by fred98115
Geysir Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 257 photos
This is an easy day trip from Reykjavik and is on the so-called Golden Circle. Geysir, the original geyser from which the generic name comes, was active but now is dormant after tourists threw rocks into the vent, plugging it. Today stop and see the Strokkur geyser which erupts every seven minutes or so. Warning, you are close to the geyser, so check the wind direction and stand upwind or run the risk of being sprayed by hot and smelly water.
fred98115's Related Pages
Geysir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Geysir and Surroundings"
- "The ORIGINAL Geysir"
- "What a wonderful Geysir!!!"
- "Shooting From The Ground !"
- "GEYSIRS EVERYWHERE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geysir
- Hotels in Geysir
- Transportation in Geysir
- Restaurants in Geysir
- Shopping in Geysir
- Warnings and Dangers in Geysir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geysir
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Geysir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geysir
Photos in GeysirSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Ny-Ålesund Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- North Iceland Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
No friends yet.