"Moscow July 2009" Moscow by nyperose
Moscow Travel Guide: 4,059 reviews and 9,262 photos
This picture shows the Cathedral of St. Basil the Blessed situated on the Red Square.
Commissioned by Ivan the Terrible to celebrate the capture of the Mongol stronghold of Kazan in 1552, it was completed in 1561.
This cathedral was designed by the architect Postnik Yakovlev, and Ivan the Terrible was so amazed at the beauty of his work that he had him blinded so that he would never be able to design anything that exquisite again. What a horrible story and horrible times back then:-(
The Red Square with the Kremlin Tower and wall and the Cathedral of St. Basil the Blessed in the background
A Moscow market, Sparrow Hills, close to the University.
- Pros:An amazingly beautiful and incredibly clean city
I really liked Domodedovo airport which is extremely modern and efficient and with various shops to visit, and enough... more travel advice
If you feel that the high prices in Moscow have taken a toll on your budget, then visiting the Moscow underworld....or... more travel advice
nyperose's Related Pages
Moscow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Moscow..."
- "Memories of Moscow"
- "Mother Russia"
- "Moscow is my Universe"
- "Marvellous Moscow"
- "Moscow - Thrilling capital of Russia"
- "MOSCOW !!! MOCKBA !!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moscow
- Hotels in Moscow
- Transportation in Moscow
- Nightlife in Moscow
- Restaurants in Moscow
- Shopping in Moscow
- Warnings and Dangers in Moscow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moscow
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moscow
- Posted in Travel Saint Petersburg Forum "Re: Any nice beaches in or around..."
- Commented on one of lorgnierl's Moscow travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Domodedovo airport Moscow about By Airplane in Moscow Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Domodedovo airport Moscow"
- updated a Moscow Travel Page "Moscow July 2009"
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Doha Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Antalya Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreux Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sandvika Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues