"Southampton, October 2009" Top 5 Page for this destination Southampton by nyperose
Southampton Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 197 photos
Southampton is a flourishing port in Hampshire and an excellent place for boat trips.
The Mayflower sailed from here to America in 1620 with the Pilgrim Fathers, and the Titanic left from Southampton on its maiden and tragic voyage in 1912.
I was here in October and even if the weather was mostly overcast, it was pretty mild and nice to walk around.
The Bargate monument in the middle of the city centre.
- Pros:A nice little town with plenty of nice shopping centres
- In a nutshell:It's worth spending some time here instead of taking a boat to somewhere else
If you want to take a little one day cruise, you can travel from the harbour of Southampton to Cowes on the Isle of... more travel advice
nyperose's Related Pages
Southampton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A City Searching For An Identity"
- "GET ABOARD THE TITANIC"
- "SOUTHAMPTON, HANTS., ENGLAND"
- "Southampton in March"
- "Southampton, October 2009"
- "Visit to Southampton"
- "Home at last"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Southampton
- Hotels in Southampton
- Transportation in Southampton
- Nightlife in Southampton
- Restaurants in Southampton
- Shopping in Southampton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Southampton
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Southampton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southampton
Photos in SouthamptonSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Doha Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Antalya Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreux Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sandvika Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues