"Southampton, October 2009" Southampton by nyperose
Southampton Travel Guide: 175 reviews and 362 photos
Southampton is a flourishing port in Hampshire and an excellent place for boat trips.
The Mayflower sailed from here to America in 1620 with the Pilgrim Fathers, and the Titanic left from Southampton on its maiden and tragic voyage in 1912.
I was here in October and even if the weather was mostly overcast, it was pretty mild and nice to walk around.
The Bargate monument in the middle of the city centre.
- Pros:A nice little town with plenty of nice shopping centres
- In a nutshell:It's worth spending some time here instead of taking a boat to somewhere else
If you want to take a little one day cruise, you can travel from the harbour of Southampton to Cowes on the Isle of... more travel advice
nyperose's Related Pages
Southampton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Southampton: Gateway to the World"
- "A City Searching For An Identity"
- "Southampton: Home of the Queen Elizabeth 2"
- "GET ABOARD THE TITANIC"
- "SOUTHAMPTON, HANTS., ENGLAND"
- "Southampton in March"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Southampton
- Hotels in Southampton
- Transportation in Southampton
- Nightlife in Southampton
- Restaurants in Southampton
- Shopping in Southampton
- Warnings and Dangers in Southampton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Southampton
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Southampton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southampton
Photos in SouthamptonSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Doha Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Cefalú Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Antalya Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues