"Marseilles, October 2008" Marseille by nyperose
Marseille Travel Guide: 796 reviews and 1,803 photos
I visited Marseilles in October 2008 with my husband and my son. The weather was hot and sunny and it was still possible to swim in the sea.
This is the fish market an early morning at the old harbour.
The fish are caught during the night, and many are still alive.
The old harbour is a nice place to stroll around. There is a lot to look at, and the main street, "La Canebière" is close by.
The old district "le Panier" is beside, and you can take the boats to visit the Frioul Islands, the Isle of If and the calanques directly from the old harbour. The tourist buses "hop on hop off" and the little tourist train are also departing from here, as well as the local buses and the underground that facilitate your travels around Marseilles.
The harbour in Marseilles is a lively spot, with a lot of traffic.
The ferries go regularly to North Africa, and other places around the Mediterranean.
I visited Les Calanques in October, and the boat departed from the old harbour (le vieux port) in Marseilles. If you... more travel advice
nyperose's Related Pages
Marseille Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marseille, 2,500 years of history"
- "Carmen and the Count of Monte Cristo"
- "Marseille: sea, sun and wind ... and diversity!"
- "Marseille - you either love it or hate it...."
- "MARSEILLE IN PROVENCE"
- "WELCOME TO MY MARSEILLE PAGE ......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marseille
- Hotels in Marseille
- Transportation in Marseille
- Nightlife in Marseille
- Restaurants in Marseille
- Shopping in Marseille
- Warnings and Dangers in Marseille
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marseille
- 2 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Marseille?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marseille
- Posted in Travel Kulusuk Forum "Re: A day-trip from Reykjavik to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Marseilles, October 2008"
- Wrote a Review Visiting the Calanques in Marseilles about Les Calanques in Marseille Things to Do
- created a Marseille Travelogue "Visiting the Calanques from Marseilles to Cassis"
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Marseille travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Doha Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Cefalú Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Antalya Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues