"Paris, February 2007" Paris by nyperose
Paris Travel Guide: 22,630 reviews and 55,564 photos
We visited Paris in February 2007 and stayed at a budget hotel close to the Place de la Nation. We arrived from Geneva with the TGV (rapid train) at the Gare de Lyon.
The location of our hotel was very convenient for us, close to the Gare de Lyon, and with a direct metro connection to the Champs Elysées, Montmartre, the Louvre etc. etc.
It was a bit cold and rainy, but with so many interesting things to see, one forgets about the weather. In a week we were able to see most of the sights. Paris is very easy to travel around with an excellent underground that brings you close to all the great sights.
Moulin Rouge, Place Blanche, close to Pigalle and downhill from Montmartre.
You can easily walk from the Place Blanche and up the hill where you'll see the Sacré-coeur church. Behind the church lies the Place de Tertre with all the painters, small cosy restaurants and.......crowds of tourists:D
A lovely place to stroll around and maybe have your portrait painted!
Do you still believe you're in Paris?
Yes, you are! This is not Manhattan or some other commercial hub. It is the business district of Paris, la Défense, situated west of the Champs-Elysées. Progress is everywhere, even in old Europe, and when you first are in Paris it is interesting to see all the various aspects of this fabulous city!
- Pros:Always something new to discover
- Cons:Far from nature, sea and mountains
- In a nutshell:I love Paris where I spent 2 years
nyperose's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Doha Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Antalya Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreux Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sandvika Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues