"Paris, February 2007" Paris by nyperose

Paris Travel Guide: 22,630 reviews and 55,564 photos

Paris in February 2007, cold but nice anyway!

We visited Paris in February 2007 and stayed at a budget hotel close to the Place de la Nation. We arrived from Geneva with the TGV (rapid train) at the Gare de Lyon.

The location of our hotel was very convenient for us, close to the Gare de Lyon, and with a direct metro connection to the Champs Elysées, Montmartre, the Louvre etc. etc.

It was a bit cold and rainy, but with so many interesting things to see, one forgets about the weather. In a week we were able to see most of the sights. Paris is very easy to travel around with an excellent underground that brings you close to all the great sights.

Moulin Rouge, Place Blanche, close to Montmartre

Moulin Rouge, Place Blanche, close to Pigalle and downhill from Montmartre.

You can easily walk from the Place Blanche and up the hill where you'll see the Sacré-coeur church. Behind the church lies the Place de Tertre with all the painters, small cosy restaurants and.......crowds of tourists:D
A lovely place to stroll around and maybe have your portrait painted!

La défense. Paris' business district

Do you still believe you're in Paris?

Yes, you are! This is not Manhattan or some other commercial hub. It is the business district of Paris, la Défense, situated west of the Champs-Elysées. Progress is everywhere, even in old Europe, and when you first are in Paris it is interesting to see all the various aspects of this fabulous city!

• Pros:Always something new to discover
  • Cons:Far from nature, sea and mountains
  • In a nutshell:I love Paris where I spent 2 years
  • Last visit to Paris: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2009 at 3:12 AM

It would be great to be able to discover Paris! Thanx for sharing!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2008 at 2:08 AM

I have always wanted to visit Paris, even more so as I see your pictures. You are the person from whom I will seek advice when I decide to visit the city. 2 years, eh, not bad :D Regína

nyperose Used To Live Here!

nyperose