"LA SUISSE ROMANDE -THE FRENCH-SPEAKING SWITZERLAND" nyperose's Profile
I have lived in Lausanne, Switzerland since 1985.
I was born in Oslo, Norway.
I became a VT member in April 2008, but with different activities going on during the summer, I forgot all about it....... until I received a reminder from VT... and, I'm so glad they sent me one! I love this forum where you can meet so many interesting people sharing the same passion: travellling! I also love learning foreign languages and I'am particularly fond of nature, hiking, walking, cycling and being surrounded by beautiful landscapes and scenery. I also find it very interesting to visit cities.
Switzerland is a nice country where you can find almost everything, except the sea, but the mountains, lakes and forests, small cosy towns and its excellent location in the heart of Europe makes up for it. Switzerland is a very practical base for travelling.
Switzerland is a pretty small country, with 41 285 sq km and about 7 million inhabitants. It is divided into 26 cantons (states) and has 4 official languages, German (68%), French (19%), Italian (8%) and Rhaeto-Romanic (1 %).
This country is in many ways very traditionnal, but at the same time, a very international one, because of all the international organizations, foreign companies and people from all over the world living here.
In a few words - it's a nice place to live:-D
I am planning to build more pages about Switzerland, little by little........
When you are tired of visiting big cities, it' s nice to go and get some fresh air contemplating the scenery, and breathing in the scent of alpine vegetation. The Edelweiss is hard to find, but there are plenty of other beautiful flowers here.
This region is called Lavaux, and is the wine- growing district, situated in the sunny hillside above the Lake Léman.
It's a very nice going for strolls here and taste the grapes (after the wine harvest!)
Some nice juicy grapes before the harvest!
A relaxing stroll along the lake.
From Lausanne you can walk east towards Lutry, (the wine growing district) or west towards St. Sulpice or Morges, passing by the sport fields at Vidy, where you can take part in all sorts of sports.
During the summer season it is nice to go for a swim in the lake Léman. Some people even swim here all around the year! A bit cold, though!
The beaches are nice and sandy and the lake is clean. but if you prefer to swim in the pool, there is a nice olympic swimming-pool right behind the beaches.
This picture is taken from the heights above Montreux. Unfortunately, it was a bit misty. I'll put a better one there when it gets cooler and clearer!
On clear days you can see the French alps across the lake, as well as places situated very far away. When it's dark and clear, you can see all the lights across the lake in France from Lausanne.
Ouchy, Lausanne is the place where people meet when the weather is nice.
The underground station is here. There are kiosks, restaurants and small cosy cafés all around. Even the birds like to socialize here-:D
From Ouchy the ferry can take you across the lake to France; Evian-les-Bains, in 30 minutes. It also goes to Vevey, Montreux, and other places in both Switzerland and France. You can also rent a boat or a bike here and take a trip on your own. If you want to do both, but only have time for one activity, then a pedal-boat is a good compromise:-D
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 77 Reviews
- 675 Photos
- 17 Countries
- 30 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on one of nyperose's Seoul tips
- Wrote a Review Incheon airport, Seoul about Plane in Seoul Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Incheon airport, Seoul"
- updated a Seoul Travel Page "Seoul, October 2013"
- nyperose and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
created their Personal Page "Russia in July 2013 with VT-mem. Natalya"
- Posted in Travel Saint Petersburg Forum "Re: Any nice beaches in or around..."
PhotosSee All Photos (675)
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antalya Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreux Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sandvika Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos