"Kasamori Temple is built with a miraculous balance" Chonan by yu_zetterlund
Chonan Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Kasamori Temple was founded in 784, and is known as the 31st holy temple among the 33 holy grounds of Bando. This important cultural asset, supported by 61 pillars of various lengths and dedicated to Kannon (Goddess of Mercy), is a rare sight even in Japan. The temple is also known for housing a haiku monument composed by the famous haiku poet Matsuo Basho.
302 kasamori chounan-machi chousei-gun chiba-ken
Respectively, 61 pillars where length is different support the temple.
Being able to look about from the temple is a valuable primitive forest that
continues for several 1,000 years.
- Pros:The scenery of the beautiful country in Japan remains.
- Cons:Public transport is bad.
- In a nutshell:It is a town that can go sightseeing peacefully.
yu_zetterlund's Related Pages
Chonan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kasamori Temple is built with a miraculous balance"
- Create a Chonan Travel Page
- See All...
“Historical Trip, Other Arts and Culture”
- No VT rank yet.
- 0 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Chonan
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Chonan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chonan
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kasamori Temple is built with a miraculous balance"
- created a Chonan Travel Page "Kasamori Temple is built with a miraculous balance"
No friends yet.