"A town back in time" Shaftesbury by mykitten
Shaftesbury Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
Shaftesbury is a town in North Dorset, England and is situated on the A30 road near the Wiltshire border.
The town looks over the Blackmore Vale, part of the river Stour basin. From different viewpoints, it is possible to see at least as far as Glastonbury Tor to the north-west. It is a Saxon town, and this reflects in the architecture of the town.
what makes Shaftesbury famous! Gold Hill was made famous by the Hovis advertisement which had the young lad pushing his bike up the HUGE hill.
- Pros:excellent architecture and views
- Cons:smelly public toilet
mykitten's Related Pages
Shaftesbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaftesbury - small southern town"
- "A town back in time"
- "the village on the hill top"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shaftesbury
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Shaftesbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shaftesbury
Photos in ShaftesburySee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Glasgow 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Riga 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Barcelona 1 review, 4 photos
- Latvia 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Brasov 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Sibiu 1 review, 3 photos
- Cumbernauld 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Bridge of Allan 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Shaftesbury hotel reviews
- The Coppleridge Inn
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013