"Fantastic island" Aruba by Sweensie

Aruba Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 27 photos

Friendliness

The Arubian people are so friendly.
Apart from the grumpy taxi-man we got from the airport to our hotel when we first got there, everyone else was extremely friendly and chatty. Quite a bit different from what we experienced in San Francisco, which we had just left. People took their time when talking with you, they didn't just be pleasant and then leave. Lots of laughter too.
Aruba is called "One Happy Island" and I think its pretty true!

Windy and wild

I was lucky enough to have bought some hairbands when we were in San Francisco, and I was very glad of them as its very windy! We had been told it was windy, but it didn't really sink in until we got there.
I wore a hairband most of the time I was outside in Aruba, except when I was swimming. It got so that I could tell the ladies who had just arrived in Aruba as they didnt wear a hairband, and most of the rest of us did!!
Going outside of the towns, the terraine is just like a desert, lots of barren lands interspersed with cacti.

The Iguana's!!

There are Iguana's everywhere so be warned!
I love them, I'm fascinated by them, but I know a lot of people don't like them.
There were several of them near our pool area, which was conveniently located behind the restarant, where people would feed them with lettuce and tomatoes. There were also a few living in the bushes near our room and were a little shyer than the ones near the pool.
Photo to come!

• Pros:Friendliness,weather,food,cocktails,beer
  • Cons:wind!bit expensive, small
  • In a nutshell:Magical
  • Last visit to Aruba: Jun 2008
  • Intro Written Jul 8, 2008

Comments

Sweensie

“Point me in the direction of yarn and I'll be most happy”

Badges & Stats in Aruba