"Very interesting changes in Romania..." Petruta's Profile
Who are we, romanians. And who are we not.
Romanians are latin people, with a big, strong history, involved in many battles over the time, mostly for defending our territory and our identity. Therefore, during time, our georgraphical position brought the turkish imperium and later the austro-hungarians left their marks and customs in our lands.
But, by far the most painful of all trials, was the communism period, leaving deep scars in many of our generations.
But what are we?
We are heroes for surviving to so many life and politic attempts.
We are very good sportives, talented writters, visionars in tehnique and art.
We are proud-hurted people, with a very big ego. But today we are humbled of poverty and corruption, by some selfish leaders who dont deserve to be called romanians. But enemies of a great nation.
We are blessed to own a beautiful land, we are blessed to keep and live between traditions and we dream of a day when our spirit will be free, released from the chains of a choking past.
Nowadays i'm very sad. Many bad stories of romanians leaving or going abroad infest the world. There are true sad stories, yes, but this are being picked from so many good ones which are, almost never, mentioned.
Also true is that many of the bad actors are gypsys coming from Romania.
Yes, it is a big community living here. And their very special living style, makes them impossible to be ignored by any system or society.
In the past years, a big amount of gypsy families decided to leave Romania, the adoptive country, and taste the lands of the western countries. And they did that in their own special way. Very special. And shocking for those not used with it.
I regret the bad stories from all over Europe, BUT it is very inapropriate for romanians to be so confused with gipsys, on such a big scale. I find myself in need to defend our identity in front of ignorance and confusion. It is a big cultural failling for anybody to believe so.
I respect gypsy people. Taken as a whole, they are unique. And i respect their streinght in keeping themselves so intact, no matter where they settle, for longer or shorter time. Except a small number of gypsy families, which integrated complelty in the adoptive system, the rest strongly keep aside, preserving intact their customs, traditions, language etc.
As i said, i do respect them. Like i respect everything else i DON'T understand.
But no more confusion!
This is the Big Square in Sibiu, or Hermanstadt, (my city) and the place where everybody walks around and relax...
June 13 2009, Bucharest - My very first VT meeting! A great one. Today i meet the romanian vt members: Codrut (vt n. Codrutz), Andreea (vt n. Andraf) and Delia (vt n. Delia_Madalina). Such an experience.... We got together in Andreea's home to a deliciouse barbeque, beer, lots of discussions and new friendships...
June 4th-5th, 2010: in Sibiu, at the post-euromeeting from Krakow, with Andraf, Matcrazy0, Matcrazy1, Sachara, Co, Ekaterinburg, Dila, ZiOOlek. An amazing meeting, wonderful people and such an experience...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 65 Reviews
- 558 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Petruta and Belsaita are now friends.
- Commented on Petruta's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2013 in Sibiu, Romania"
- updated a Veliko Turnovo Travelogue "More of the city."
updated their Profile Page "Very interesting changes in Romania..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Famous Wat Pho and it's Sleeping Buddha"
- Wrote a Review Train Market in Bangkok Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to World
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 19 reviews, 100 photos, 10 travelogues
- Catania Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eskilstuna Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Varna Intro, 1 review, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sundby Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sighisoara Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue