"Competa - A little white village" Cómpeta by GibJoe
Cómpeta Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 31 photos
Competa is a small white town in the Axarquia of Malaga, which is around 50km from the city of Malaga. It is located at 630m above sea level and has 3500 inhabitants, 1500 of these are foreigners who have made this little white town their home. The majority of these foreigners are from the UK, Germany and Denmark. The origins of the town are Roman. The name Competa comes from the latin “Compita-Orum” which means crossroads. The first evidence of the name Competa was in 1487.
I stayed in a small villa near Competa during Easter. I was able to watch the religious celebrations in this town, even though I am not fond of the Spanish Semana Santa (Holy Week) but I must agree it must certainly be interesting to a visitor to Spain who has never seen the processions.
The area is full of small detached villas which seem to be spaced out offering the visitor complete privacy and peace. Your next door neighbour is probably a few hundred meters away! It is certainly an area to get away from it all, an ideal way to unwind.
I stayed at a villa with a pool, the villa was very secluded, the next door neighbours where probably 100m away. It is... more travel advice
At the entrance of the town is a lookout which reminds me of Gaudi. The views to the town are wonderful, have a look at... more travel advice
GibJoe's Related Pages
Cómpeta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Competa - A little white village"
- "Competa is my home abroad!"
- "Competa, The White Village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cómpeta
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Cómpeta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cómpeta
Photos in CómpetaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos
- London Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarifa (Cadiz) Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos
- Medina Sidonia Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Cómpeta Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Madrid Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos