"Welcome to my pages !!!" GibJoe's Profile
Gibraltar is a British Colony at the southern tip of Spain. This is my hometown where I was born, live and work. Most Gibraltarian like myself speak and write English and Spanish. But do visit my page on Gibraltar.
I tend to have two different types of holidays, what I could call the 'sightseeing holidays' and the 'lazing on a beach holiday', they are indeed totally different and I do get a lot of satisfaction on both. Gibraltar is basically just an hour and a bit drive to Benalmadena, Marbella, Torremolinos, Malaga,Tarifa , Cadiz, Jerez. A bit further out and you have Seville and Granada. When on my 'sightseeing Hols' I do like the touristy things and I do tend to visit the most I can, and taking photos. On the other hols 'the lazing on a beach' tend to be mini holidays of two to three nights where I get the chance to work on the tan and enjoy the food and the nightlife.
Last year I have travelled to Jerez to see the Motorbike GP, Tajo del Aguila which is in Algar (Cadiz) a nice and peaceful nature reserve. I have also been to Albufeira (Portugal) to lie on a beach and enjoy the magnificient portuguese food. Been to London and enjoyed what I say is one of the best capitals for a tourist (although one of the most expensive as well !!!) And I have also been to Benalmadena (Malaga) on a weekend break (I thought I did need one!!) Also I nearly forgot ! I also went to Sierra Nevada (Granada) on a skiing holiday (well if skiing is about rolling about in the snow becuase that is mostly what I do). I also visited Vienna, Salzburg, and travelled by train to Prague. Still have to write pages on that !
I have visited >
Tangiers, Mediq, Teutuan in Morocco on various occasions and frankly the different culture and the people always take me back.
Madrid and Barcelona in Spain, I can never decide which of the two I prefer !
Cancun, Mexico my first over the ocean holiday which exceeded my expectations!
The United Kingdon, been to London, Southampton, Preston, Manchester and the Isle of White. Love it but hate the weather !!
Portugal mainly the Algarve.
Most of Cadiz, Malaga and Granada in Spain but too many towns to be able to mention or remember.
Salou in Barcelona and Benidorm in Valencia.
We always have to look to the future but take time to remember the past but these are some of the countries I would like to visit in the future.
Cuba, I can just see myself walking through La Habana! I have wanted to visit Cuba for some time.
After Cuba I am attending a wedding in Marrakesh, I am staying for a week, and as I have visited Marrakesh twice already, I will probably try to explore the outskirts a little bit more.
El Pais Basco, Spain especially the San Fermines but no, I will certainly not run in front of a bull!!
Cancun, Mexico yes I would'nt mind a second visit.
There are many more but lets take a step at a time.
I enjoy taking pictures and am learning this facinating world of photography. All the photos used in my pages (except for two, the aerial shot of Gibraltar and the old pic in my Gibaltar pages) are taken by me with either my most loved Nikon D90, a Panasonic FZ 30, or with an older Konica KD400 camera. If you want to use any of my pictures please ask me. Most of these pictures can also be found in better quality in my pages at Flickr. Just click on
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 238 Reviews
- 509 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Posted in Travel Gibraltar Forum "Re: duty free"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my pages !!!"
- GibJoe and puerto_lover are now friends.
- Commented on one of globetrott's Vienna travel pages
- updated a Gibraltar Travel Page "Gibraltar - A British Colony"
- Wrote a Review Lampposts in Frigiliana Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lampposts"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos
- London Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarifa (Cadiz) Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos
- Medina Sidonia Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Cómpeta Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Madrid Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos