"Wonderful Australia!!!" Australia by CandS
Australia Travel Guide: 44,909 reviews and 113,568 photos
I have lived in Australia all my life. It's a wonderful country! I don't think I'll ever leave to live in another country, although I love travelling and visiting other countries! :)
Australia is a lot bigger in area than most people realise. It's more than 3000 kms across from one side to the other and from top to bottom. Even just driving from Melbourne to Sydney takes around 9 - 10 hours. So don't expect to see too much of Australia if you are here for a short visit...unless you prefer to drive between smaller towns and avoid the cities (which I would totally recommend).
The population of Australia is no where near as many as what it could be for such a big piece of land...recently we passed the 20 million mark...
I have heard some funny comments about Australia over the years... Some people don't realise that we get snow in parts of Australia and that we have some fantastic snow villages...others think that Australia is full of deadly animals & bugs and that they will get bitten if they visit...or that we have kangaroos hopping around the streets in the cities... I find it interesting to hear what others think of Australia. I haven't met a single person yet who has visited Australia and not enjoyed it here or been attacked by a deadly animal. :)
A handy web site about Australia is www.atn.com.au if you want to find out more about getting work in Australia, travelling around Australia, accommodation etc...
Some of my best Aussie pages in VT are: Whitsunday Island, Airlie Beach, Broken Hill, Wagga Wagga, Sydney, Melbourne and Forbes. Check them out if you have some time. :)
I've recently found a web site that helps Aussies find old school friends. Check it out if you're interested:
- Pros:Good weather, great landscapes, friendly people, cheap prices, lots to see and do etc...
- Cons:Too far away from Europe, the US etc...
- In a nutshell:Fantastic!!!!
You will see quite a bit of native wildlife in Australia if you are venturing out of the cities... I have managed to see... more travel advice
Kosciuszko National Park is in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales. There are a few ski villages which come alive in... more travel advice
CandS's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 524 Reviews
- 546 Photos
- 127 Forum posts
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (39)
Top Australia hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4795 Photos
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 846 Reviews - 1810 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5743 Reviews - 13367 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 973 Reviews - 2115 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 852 Reviews - 2115 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1600 Reviews - 3449 Photos
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2049 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2195 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 318 Reviews - 667 Photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- 460 Reviews - 1271 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 129 Reviews - 401 Photos