"Hawaii..." Top 5 Page for this destination Waikiki by CandS

Waikiki Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 811 photos

We stopped off in Hawaii for the first part of our honeymoon on our 'around the world' trip. We had four nights in Waikiki. It was our first visit to Hawaii (and the US actually) so we didn't really know what to expect (except to look for cars on the wrong side of the road...hehe).

We spent some time down at the Waikiki Beach (of course) but we also managed to hire a jeep and drive around Oahu one day...as well as going to the Paradise Cove Luau, Pearl Harbour, hiking up Diamond Head and spending lots of time in the International Marketplace...

Our other stops on our honeymoon included: New York City, London, Egypt (Cairo, Dahab, Luxor, Aswan & Abu Simbel) and Thailand (Bangkok & the River Kwai).

• Pros:There are some really pretty areas on the SE part of the island
  • Cons:A bit expensive and a bit too busy
  • Last visit to Waikiki: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2006

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Hi Sheri, Your tips & photos are great, gives us an insight as we are staying 4 nights at Waikiki July'07 on our return to Perth.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2006 at 4:31 AM

Hope your birthday is magical. Love your Oahu tips. Good info for anyone headed there...

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 4:19 PM

Your Waikiki Sunset is one of the best I have seen. Sorry you did not like Oahu that well, your pictures tell another story. Aloha.

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 7:09 PM

I hope you enjoyed it. Next time go to the other islands -- especially Kuai! Both Cheeseburger IP and Planet Hollywood are for tourists.

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 5:32 PM

Nice place to honeymoon! I've been saving my trip to Hawaii just for that. Then, I thought, "I might never get married," so why wait?!

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 3:33 AM

Great to see some photos from your trip!! :) Love the one of the surfboards especially! I'd love to go to Hawaii too, its high on my list.

Badges & Stats in Waikiki

Have you been to Waikiki?

Latest Activity in Waikiki