"Airlie Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach by CandS

Airlie Beach Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 727 photos

We spent three nights at Airlie Beach...our main reason for visiting this small town was that we went on a 10 night 'bareboat' (sail yourself) trip in June/July 2003. We hired a 40 foot catamaran along with 3 other friends and had a fantastic time!!! :) It wasn't the cheapest holiday ever but it was really worth it! We saw some amazing things while we were sailing around the islands.

Airlie Beach is really not much to see itself but if you get the chance, make sure that you visit the Whitsunday Islands nearby...it is really worth the visit!!! Although I must admit, Airlie Beach is a nice town though and everyone seemed really nice.

The name Airlie Beach is a bit deceiving actually...there really isn't much of a beach there although it is a coastal town. There is a huge swimming pool which is free for all to use though. There are also many souvenir shops, travel agents, backpacker facilities, cafes and restaurants around...this town was really built for tourists I'm sure...

My Whitsunday Island page should be checked out along with this page...it's from the same trip and shows the areas we covered by boat... You won't be sorry if you visit it. :)

• Pros:A nice, friendly little town...and close to the islands... :)
  • Cons:Not that much to see in the town itself...
  • Last visit to Airlie Beach: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2003

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2009 at 6:03 AM

Excellent page - I obviously need to get back there as it seems when I was there my visit was too quick and I missed alot! so when Im eventually back home I will!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 6:06 PM

Great tips and photos. I enjoyed your pages. Well done!

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 12:58 PM

Now I wished the weather was better, when I was there. We were also planning a boat trip -or a night stay on one of the islands, but the rain did not allow it :-( Great tips!

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2003 at 12:14 PM

An awesome page, with great photos. I enjojed!

• Mez77's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 2:50 PM

I've heard Whitehaven Beach is one of the best in the world. Lucky you for having been there. I was always a bit worried to charter my own boat when I was in the Whitsundays. Too scared I was going to wash up on the reef! :o)

• Jul 15, 2003 at 3:19 AM

Wow!! snorkeling and cockatoos on the terrace. It' s my kind of island!! Fantastic page!:-)

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2003 at 9:12 PM

Hey Matey.. you did this how it is supposed to be done.. Great stuff, and super page! I was passing through, on my way to Townsville. Hey, I agree with Ann.. I wanna go home too.. ;o(

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2003 at 4:29 AM

I'm jealous!!!.... A whole night on Whitehaven beach!!! Did it feel like Robinson Caruso?....mmm, Qld's the best!!! I wanna go home!!! :o(...

• Khalid_eg's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2003 at 3:13 AM

wow.. wonderful Island :)

• Jul 9, 2003 at 1:46 AM

Nice coverage of the place..wealth of information, tips and nice phtographs...superb narration..Fantastic presentation and a good job

Badges & Stats in Airlie Beach

Have you been to Airlie Beach?

Latest Activity in Airlie Beach