"Airlie Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach by CandS
Airlie Beach Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 727 photos
We spent three nights at Airlie Beach...our main reason for visiting this small town was that we went on a 10 night 'bareboat' (sail yourself) trip in June/July 2003. We hired a 40 foot catamaran along with 3 other friends and had a fantastic time!!! :) It wasn't the cheapest holiday ever but it was really worth it! We saw some amazing things while we were sailing around the islands.
Airlie Beach is really not much to see itself but if you get the chance, make sure that you visit the Whitsunday Islands nearby...it is really worth the visit!!! Although I must admit, Airlie Beach is a nice town though and everyone seemed really nice.
The name Airlie Beach is a bit deceiving actually...there really isn't much of a beach there although it is a coastal town. There is a huge swimming pool which is free for all to use though. There are also many souvenir shops, travel agents, backpacker facilities, cafes and restaurants around...this town was really built for tourists I'm sure...
My Whitsunday Island page should be checked out along with this page...it's from the same trip and shows the areas we covered by boat... You won't be sorry if you visit it. :)
- Pros:A nice, friendly little town...and close to the islands... :)
- Cons:Not that much to see in the town itself...
This is the view we had out our balcony while we stayed at the Whitsunday Terraces...nice huh!? All of the rooms at the... more travel advice
You really should make sure you visit Whitehaven Beach...it is a 6 km stretch of pure white silica sand...very fine and... more travel advice
CandS's Related Pages
Airlie Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'Whitsunday Wonderland'"
- "Airlie Beach"
- "Airlie Beach - Venue for the big 2009 OZ VT Meet"
- "Whitsunday Wonderland 2009 Big Downunder Meet"
- "Honeymoon in Airlie Beach"
- "Thursday night meet & greet"
- "Airlie Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Airlie Beach
- Hotels in Airlie Beach
- Transportation in Airlie Beach
- Nightlife in Airlie Beach
- Restaurants in Airlie Beach
- Shopping in Airlie Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Airlie Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Airlie Beach
- 23 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Airlie Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Airlie Beach
Photos in Airlie BeachSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos