"Amazing Tanna Island..." Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna by CandS
Tanna Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 167 photos
We visited Tanna Island in Vanuatu for two nights. We almost didn't go because of the cost of flights but decided to spoil ourselves since we'd both just turned 30. ;) I'm glad we did!
Tanna Island has a population of close to 30,000 and is around 565 square kilometres in size. It is one of the southern most islands of Vanuatu.
Tanna Island is also home to the worlds most accessable active volcano...Mt Yasur... Our main reason for wanting to visit Tanna in the first place. The trip to the volcano from the airport takes a couple hours (although it is only around 20-25 kms 'as the crow flies') and you can drive almost to the top of the volcano then it is only a 10 minute walk to the top. It is definitely worth seeing!
- Pros:The villagers are really friendly and the volcano is amazing!
- Cons:The cost to get over to Tanna from the main island...
- In a nutshell:Worth the money!
The General Store in the village of Lenakel is in a big building used for different things. They sell a variety of... more travel advice
The locals usually pile into the back of a 4WD for travelling distances in Vanuatu... Not everyone has a car but usually... more travel advice
CandS's Related Pages
Tanna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Island That Time Forgot"
- "Tanna Island, Vanuatu"
- "Amazing Tanna Island..."
- "JOHN FRUM Cargo Cult"
- "Tanna Excursion from Port Vila"
- "Tanna 07"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanna
- Hotels in Tanna
- Transportation in Tanna
- Nightlife in Tanna
- Restaurants in Tanna
- Shopping in Tanna
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanna
- 22 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Tanna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanna
Photos in TannaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos