"Canberra!" Canberra by CandS

Canberra Travel Guide: 903 reviews and 2,365 photos

I have been surprised to find out that some people don't know that Canberra is the capital of Australia... I guess since Sydney is the most publicised city that it is asumed to be the capital.

Canberra is a very tidy city, everything has it's place and is well planned. There are a lot of things to see in Canberra and it is a nice place to visit...

I actually visit Canberra to go shopping or meet up with friends & go out...we always find a fun pub or place to go... But I've also been there to show my overseas friends around and see some of the touristy areas. :)

• Last visit to Canberra: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2006

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 6:45 PM

Wow!! Didn't know you were a p-baller!! I myself, am always looking for new places to meet people, and shoot them. My hubby and I also used to referee the games...not just crazy enough to get in a gunfight, but to stand up in the middle...yeehaw

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 9:29 PM

G'Day Sherie, Wow are you a good photographer, I love the long exposure of the stars, simply marvelous yoou should have that on your intro page where everyone can see it!! Beautiful!! Kat

• oisha's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 11:54 PM

Your Canberra section is so good I'm not going to bother working on mine for a while!

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2004 at 7:08 PM

LOvely page.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2004 at 4:33 AM

Great page on Canberra. The coach tour I had there from Sydney just gave me such a small taste of what the city was all about. Thanks for sharing your pics and tips.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2003 at 11:55 PM

I knew it was the capital, but didn't know how the city was, thanx for showing it, it's got a lot to see!!

• Nykaenen's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 5:07 AM

Here in Croatia we all know that Canberra is the capital, but that's because we all have relatives down there :-)))

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 12:34 PM

I thought that Canberra was a pleasant surprise. I really liked it. Unfortunately the new parliament buildings were not open yet when I visited.

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 4:24 AM

when will I visit Australia, god knows..in the meantime I have fellows Vters working hard on their pages..like you :)

• Travelchili's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2003 at 2:37 PM

Another great page with lovely photos and comments -- thanks a bunch!

CandS Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Canberra

Have you been to Canberra?

Latest Activity in Canberra