"Melbourne and other parts of Victoria nearby" Melbourne by CandS

Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,377 reviews and 7,601 photos

I have been to Melbourne many times but mainly when I was younger and mainly to the suburbs around Melbourne rather than the centre. We used to go down to have a weekend away, my favourite part back then was swimming in the ocean.

In April 2001 we went to visit a friend on the way to Adelaide and also caught up with my Finnish penfriend and her husband (who we also met in Sydney in 2000). It was a great visit to Melbourne even though we didn't get out to see a whole lot...

My penfriend Megan lives in Melbourne and we met up with her in January 2003! Finally! :) We were there for a friends wedding so everything worked in really well! :)

In 2005 I went to Melbourne to see "Dirty Dancing" at the theatre (great show!) with a bunch of girlfriends...we had a fantastic time!!!! :)

• Last visit to Melbourne: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2006

• deb9425's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Hello CandS, loved your pics of Melbourne at night!! You have a way with words for each pic too. Happy travelling for the future.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 2:18 PM

Wonderful page, Sherie. Melbourne by night is fantastic and the koala is so sweet. Greetings, Diana

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2005 at 1:42 PM

Your nighttime photos of Melbourne are great--the lights all shimmery on the water--so beautiful!!

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2005 at 1:10 AM

Great page, love Melbourne myself

• Scotsgal's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 4:53 PM

Nice picture of the city. Love to go there sometime!

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 4:47 PM

GREAT Melbourne CBD shot! I love that city.

• PetraG's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2004 at 3:41 AM

Wonderful and interesting page! Great pics (as always!!)! I'd love to visit Philip Island, because of it's name (the name of my husband) and because I adore penguins!!!

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2003 at 2:14 PM

Great pages! Australia is on my list so it's great to know that you're putting out such good info!

• sarawakgirl's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2003 at 12:52 AM

Hi! Im planning to go in this year, thanks for the info. :-)

• marka13's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2003 at 3:04 PM

Thanks for the nice photos and info.

Badges & Stats in Melbourne

Have you been to Melbourne?

Latest Activity in Melbourne