"Parkes" Parkes by CandS
Parkes Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 34 photos
Parkes is a small country town of about 10,500 people. It was once a gold rush town but is now a rich agricultural district.
We visit Parkes every year for a touch football carnival but I have driven through on a few other occassions for trips up north. It's only 3 hours drive from my home town of Wagga Wagga.
The town of Parkes was made 'famous' when the Aussie movie "The Dish" was released...
- In a nutshell:A small country town with friendly people
Have a look around the township of Parkes... It isn't a huge place but there are quite a few shops, pubs, motels etc... more travel advice
When going to Parkes in the summer make sure you have some cool/loose clothes because it gets very hot during the... more travel advice
CandS's Related Pages
Parkes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Elvis Time is here."
- "Parkes... location of The Dish"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parkes
- 10 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Parkes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parkes
Photos in ParkesSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos