"Tumut and the surrounds..." Tumut by CandS
Tumut Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 262 photos
I have been to the Tumut area many times for different things... It's a great area and there is so much to see and do. It is around one hours drive from my home town of Wagga Wagga so it is a place I take my overseas visitors to...
If you are wanting to see some real Aussie wildlife then the Tumut area is a great place for you!!!! We took our Dutch friends Bianca and Anne along on one trip and we saw lots of kangaroos and emus while driving around.
Camping is especially great at Tumut...the dam is a wonderful place to go camping, fishing, skiing, horse riding, boating etc. :)
As for Tumut itself...the town has around 7,500 people. It is 275 metres above sea level. The Aboriginal meaning of Tumut is something like "a quiet resting place by the river"...a great name for the place. :)
- In a nutshell:Great place to 'get away from it all'... :)
We saw a huge goanna last time we were in Tumut...it was near the Blowering Dam... He ran across the road in front of us... more travel advice
Going camping is always fun...we went to the Thomas Boyd Trackhead not far out of Tumut in November 2003 and had a great... more travel advice
CandS's Related Pages
Tumut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TUMUT AT ITS BEST IN AUTUMN!"
- "Tumut and the surrounds..."
- "Tumut, Tumbarumba and Surroundings"
- "Tumut - a town with pride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tumut
- Hotels in Tumut
- Transportation in Tumut
- Restaurants in Tumut
- Shopping in Tumut
- Warnings and Dangers in Tumut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tumut
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Tumut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tumut
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos