Wagga Wagga Things to Do Tips by CandS Top 5 Page for this destination
Wagga Wagga Things to Do: 25 reviews and 63 photos
Visitor Information Centre
If you need to find out extra information on anything in Wagga then you can visit, telephone or email the Visitor Information Centre.
You can pick up a free map of Wagga at the Visitor Centre but they are fairly basic (just the main streets of the town) or if you want a more detailed map (with all suburb streets) it will cost you $1.
The "Discover Wagga Wagga" booklet also has a map inside which comes in very hand when trying to find accomodation (it has approximate prices etc) and some places of interest.
Address: Tarcutta Street, Wagga Wagga
Directions: You will see signs (look for the yellow and blue 'i' signs) to the Info Centre when you drive in on the Sturt Highway.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 02 69269621
If you're looking for some fun while in Wagga, visit the Rev-Arena go karting centre... You can be the earilest of beginners or advanced and you'll have a great time! It only opened in Wagga in late 2005 but will hopefully stick around for a long time to come...
Address: Nagle Street, Wagga Wagga
Directions: Driving down the Sturt Highway (Edward Street) east you will find Nagle Street on your right after the Home Base shopping centre. And of course, heading west you will find Nagle Street on your left near the Home Base shopping centre.
If you visit Wagga in the summer time then you should visit the Murrumbidgee River... There are a few places to go with small beaches... The Wagga Beach and the Wiradjuri Reserve are the two main areas in town.
Floating down the river on airbeds, tyre tubes or other floating things has become very popular and is a lot of fun... :) We did it three times in the 2003/2004 summer.
The botanic gardens cover 20 hectares and have a huge variety of plants on show...from natives to exotic plants.
There is also a childrens playground, mini zoo, free flight avairy and miniture trains. (The trains only run on the first and third Sunday of each month though).
It is a great place for a BBQ, picnic, lazy afternoon etc...
Address: Cnr Macleay Street and Urana Street, Wagga Wagga
Directions: Follow the brown & white signs from the Sturt Highway
More Reviews (59)
- See All Camping
- See All Borambola Sports & Recreation Centre
- See All Wagga Song
- See All Chinese
- See All Wollundry Ampitheatre
CandS's Related Pages
Wagga Wagga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wagga Wagga...my home..."
- "Wagga Wagga - City by the Murrumbidgee River"
- "Wagga Wagga"
- "East Coast Road Trip: Wagga Wagga"
- "Wagga Wagga"
- "Out and around"
- "Friendly Wagga Wagga!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wagga Wagga
- Hotels in Wagga Wagga
- Transportation in Wagga Wagga
- Nightlife in Wagga Wagga
- Restaurants in Wagga Wagga
- Shopping in Wagga Wagga
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bristen Hotels
- Oragadam Hotels
- Mountain Home
- Del Rosa Hotels
- La Mauricie National Park Hotels
- Atlantis at Paradise Island
- Aachen Things to Do
- Place Bellecour
- Apache Junction Things to Do
- Province of Negros Oriental Things to Do
- Vernazza Things to Do
- Limburg an der Lahn Things to Do
- Fish Market
- Warm Springs Things to Do
- Lost Dutchman State Park Things to Do
- La Grande Roue (Ferris Wheel)
- Venetian Hotel - Casino
Badges & Stats in Wagga Wagga
- 63 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 164 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Wagga Wagga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wagga Wagga
Photos in Wagga WaggaSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (38)
Latest Wagga Wagga hotel reviews
- Country Comfort Wagga Wagga
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Garden City Motor Inn
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Comfort Inn Prince of Wales
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- All Seasons Pavilion Hotel Wagga Wagga
- 183 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Quality Inn Carriage House
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Central Point Cottage Motel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Townhouse International
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Best Western Ambassador Inn
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013