"Wagga Wagga...my home..." Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga by CandS

Wagga Wagga Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 215 photos

Wagga Wagga is a city with around 58,000 people. It is about 5 hours drive north of Melbourne and 5 hours drive west of Sydney...making it a great place to stop half way. :) I have been asked by a lot of people on here how to say "Wagga Wagga"...well it is actually pronounced "wogga wogga"... :)

Although Wagga isn't a huge place it has the label of the 'largest inland city in New South Wales'...so it's fairly big for an Aussie country town... You will find a lot of things to see and do in the area although we don't have theme parks and that sort of thing here... If you want a list of some of the main events in Wagga then go to my Local Customs section.

It is probably not much of a tourist destination but we do get a lot of visitors....usually family and friends of people at the RAAF, Kapooka Army Base or Charles Sturt University. Almost everyone I talk to in Australia knows of Wagga because they have had a friend or family member living here at one time or another.

There are MANY motels, hotels, caravan parks etc here but a lot are full over the weekends so it might be worth phoning ahead. If you would like to learn more about Wagga you can go to one of these websites: www.tourismwaggawagga.com.au, www.discoverwagga.com.au or www.wagga.nsw.gov.au.

Wagga has three "Sister Cities" around the world, they are: Leavenworth, Kansas, USA; Kunming, China and Nordlingen, Bavaria, Germany. Anyone from those cities can get a special welcome in Wagga...and the same goes for anyone travelling from Wagga to one of those cities.

By the way, because a lot of people have asked: "Wagga Wagga" means 'place of many crows' in Aboriginal language.

This map of New South Wales shows where Wagga is located in relation to Sydney...it's about 450 kms north-east of here.

• Pros:It's a great country town with lots of city traits
  • Cons:Not so much in the way of 'tourist attractions'
  • In a nutshell:Come check it out for yourself. :)
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2005

• Jun 9, 2008 at 7:49 AM

Thanks for the tips, I may be passing through there sometime

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 11:46 AM

My girlfriend Shelley and I live in a place called "Barking Town" - I think it would make a fantastic sister city for Wagga Wagga. Haha! - Kind Regards M & S.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 4:09 PM

The name caught my eye, and I am so glad I decided to look at this page. It looks like a wonderful place to visit! Thank you for the great photos and informative tips.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 2:15 AM

Those canola fields really look lovley when in full bloom ;-)

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Great page. Greetings.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 10:52 AM

G'day, Sherie! Thanks for the splendid page! Greetings from UA!

• Bullabong's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 6:02 AM

Love your Wagga, Wagga info. I am sitting at my desk at work reading about this wonderful place on the other side of the world! thanks

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2006 at 12:17 AM

been a while since I looked at this page, I think you've added even more :) Nice to see where you live!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2006 at 5:08 AM

i'm thinking about oz for summer '07 may well have to add waga waga to the list

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 4:14 PM

So many wonderful things to see and do here Sherie...thank you for your great page....It looks as if I will be visiting the area (at last free to do so) probably the weekend of 19th May.....hope that I can have a cuppa finally with you then......Carole.

CandS Lives Here!

Badges & Stats in Wagga Wagga

Have you been to Wagga Wagga?

Latest Activity in Wagga Wagga