"Wagga Wagga...my home..." Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga by CandS
Wagga Wagga Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 215 photos
Wagga Wagga is a city with around 58,000 people. It is about 5 hours drive north of Melbourne and 5 hours drive west of Sydney...making it a great place to stop half way. :) I have been asked by a lot of people on here how to say "Wagga Wagga"...well it is actually pronounced "wogga wogga"... :)
Although Wagga isn't a huge place it has the label of the 'largest inland city in New South Wales'...so it's fairly big for an Aussie country town... You will find a lot of things to see and do in the area although we don't have theme parks and that sort of thing here... If you want a list of some of the main events in Wagga then go to my Local Customs section.
It is probably not much of a tourist destination but we do get a lot of visitors....usually family and friends of people at the RAAF, Kapooka Army Base or Charles Sturt University. Almost everyone I talk to in Australia knows of Wagga because they have had a friend or family member living here at one time or another.
There are MANY motels, hotels, caravan parks etc here but a lot are full over the weekends so it might be worth phoning ahead. If you would like to learn more about Wagga you can go to one of these websites: www.tourismwaggawagga.com.au, www.discoverwagga.com.au or www.wagga.nsw.gov.au.
Wagga has three "Sister Cities" around the world, they are: Leavenworth, Kansas, USA; Kunming, China and Nordlingen, Bavaria, Germany. Anyone from those cities can get a special welcome in Wagga...and the same goes for anyone travelling from Wagga to one of those cities.
By the way, because a lot of people have asked: "Wagga Wagga" means 'place of many crows' in Aboriginal language.
This map of New South Wales shows where Wagga is located in relation to Sydney...it's about 450 kms north-east of here.
- Pros:It's a great country town with lots of city traits
- Cons:Not so much in the way of 'tourist attractions'
- In a nutshell:Come check it out for yourself. :)
Camping is always fun...along the Murrumbidgee River you will find plenty of places to camp as long as you can handle... more travel advice
The Palm & Pawn is a great place to stay with a family in the warmer months. They have a pub, beach volleyball, swimming... more travel advice
- See All Rev-Arena Go Karts
- See All Chinese
- See All Wollundry Ampitheatre
- See All Go to the Movies!!
CandS's Related Pages
Wagga Wagga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wagga Wagga...my home..."
- "Wagga Wagga - City by the Murrumbidgee River"
- "Wagga Wagga"
- "East Coast Road Trip: Wagga Wagga"
- "Wagga Wagga"
- "Out and around"
- "Friendly Wagga Wagga!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wagga Wagga
- Hotels in Wagga Wagga
- Transportation in Wagga Wagga
- Nightlife in Wagga Wagga
- Restaurants in Wagga Wagga
- Shopping in Wagga Wagga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wagga Wagga
- 63 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 164 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Wagga Wagga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wagga Wagga
Photos in Wagga WaggaSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos