"Sailing the Whitsundays..." Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands by CandS
Whitsunday Islands Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 307 photos
We went on a 10 night 'bareboat' (sail yourself) trip in June/July 2003. We hired a 40 foot catamaran along with 3 other friends and had a fantastic time!!! :) It wasn't the cheapest holiday ever but it was really worth it! We saw some amazing things while we were sailing around the islands.
We spent every night at a different location and visited many other bays/areas during the days. The whole area is so beautiful!! We went snorkelling, swimming, hiking, fishing, visited resorts amongst other things. I totally recommend it to anyone thinking of doing a bareboat charter. :)
The wildlife is amazing around the Whitsundays too...we saw MANY different coloured fish, birds, turtles, dolphins...and a snake (?!)... Amazing!!
My very favourite place to stop was probably Manta Ray Bay where we did some snorkelling and wandered around the area. But really, I loved everywhere we went...it is so amazing!!!
The Whitsunday Islands are a group of around 74 islands off the east coast of Queensland. It is probably the most popular place for holidays in Australia and I'm told the weather is almost perfect all year round.
My Airlie Beach page should be checked out along with this page...it is from the same trip and shows our time on the mainland.
- Pros:This place is truely paradise!
- Cons:It takes a while to get from island to island but you see a lot while sailing...
- In a nutshell:Amazing! Gorgeous! Beautiful!
Relax and enjoy the scenery while at the Whitsundays... You can spend your days without a care in the world...the... more travel advice
There are plenty of hikes/walks oon the different islands in the Whitsundays... We did a few and saw some amazing views... more travel advice
CandS's Related Pages
Whitsunday Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sailing the Whitsundays..."
- "A WHITSUNDAY WEDDING."
- "Home of the World's Most Beautiful Beach"
- "Set Sail in the Sundays!"
- "The Whitsunday Islands"
- "Whitsunday Islands - Long Island"
- "Really for Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitsunday Islands
- Hotels in Whitsunday Islands
- Transportation in Whitsunday Islands
- Nightlife in Whitsunday Islands
- Restaurants in Whitsunday Islands
- Shopping in Whitsunday Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitsunday Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitsunday Islands
- 31 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Whitsunday Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitsunday Islands
Photos in Whitsunday IslandsSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga Intro, 63 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vanuatu Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- New York City Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Penang Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Australia Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 32 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos