"Sailing the Whitsundays..." Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands by CandS

Whitsunday Islands Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 307 photos

We went on a 10 night 'bareboat' (sail yourself) trip in June/July 2003. We hired a 40 foot catamaran along with 3 other friends and had a fantastic time!!! :) It wasn't the cheapest holiday ever but it was really worth it! We saw some amazing things while we were sailing around the islands.

We spent every night at a different location and visited many other bays/areas during the days. The whole area is so beautiful!! We went snorkelling, swimming, hiking, fishing, visited resorts amongst other things. I totally recommend it to anyone thinking of doing a bareboat charter. :)

The wildlife is amazing around the Whitsundays too...we saw MANY different coloured fish, birds, turtles, dolphins...and a snake (?!)... Amazing!!

My very favourite place to stop was probably Manta Ray Bay where we did some snorkelling and wandered around the area. But really, I loved everywhere we went...it is so amazing!!!

The Whitsunday Islands are a group of around 74 islands off the east coast of Queensland. It is probably the most popular place for holidays in Australia and I'm told the weather is almost perfect all year round.

My Airlie Beach page should be checked out along with this page...it is from the same trip and shows our time on the mainland.

• Pros:This place is truely paradise!
  • Cons:It takes a while to get from island to island but you see a lot while sailing...
  • In a nutshell:Amazing! Gorgeous! Beautiful!
  • Last visit to Whitsunday Islands: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 29, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• polardabar's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 12:17 PM

ooh, dreamy photos... :)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2006 at 2:42 PM

Stunning photos and good tips - blues that look heavenly. Will return to these pages. Ciao, Carol

• vyxxyn's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 7:33 PM

Useful tips there, I hope to visit there sometime.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 12:32 AM

Ah I loved the Whitsundays.....your pages bring back great memories!

• lionreb's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 8:17 PM

definitely a paradisical trip. I trust that your compnay was good and their sailing skills adequate. Great photos of very photogenic places and very exotic..

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 10:07 AM

Happy to see you had an amzing time here too!

• Gerrem's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 12:29 AM

I was very impressed by your "to do"s. Great pictures and good infromations. Happy Birthday to you and all the best from Lower Saxony!

• Colzy's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 3:30 AM

Great pages! My favourite place to snorkel in the Whitsundays was Mantaray Bay too, it was so unbelievably amazing. You made me incredibly homesick! Stay safe and be happy, Colleen :)

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2004 at 9:31 PM

God, the Whitsundays look sooo gorgeous!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2004 at 11:45 AM

Just amazing! The Whitsundays are truely paradise... Excellent work!

Badges & Stats in Whitsunday Islands

Have you been to Whitsunday Islands?

Latest Activity in Whitsunday Islands