"Berlin - September 2000" Berlin by CandS

Berlin Travel Guide: 6,962 reviews and 15,611 photos

Berlin is an amazing place... We stayed with our friends Heike & Marco while we were there.

They live on the old East side and told us lots of stories about the Wall and how things were.

We managed to visit a lot of interesting places while we were there, including the amazing Sanssouci Palace at Potsdam.

Berlin is a huge city, it has so much building work going on all over. Everywhere you look you'll find cranes building one thing or another.

Berlin really is a very different city, so different to all the other European cities we visited. It really has a life of its own.

• Last visit to Berlin: Sep 2000
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2003

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 4:17 PM

Mmm, obviously I missed out on the Sansouci Palace! Thanks for sharing.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 3:13 PM

Glad to hear that you liked Berlin! Great pics! Potsdamer Platz is nearly finished now...I work there actually :)

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2004 at 2:40 AM

My German friends also had a laugh at the ideas, we were not laughing at the reason why these people did what they did, but how they did it. :) We heard first hand stories of the things people went through... :(

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2004 at 4:28 PM

Mmm, so you had a laugh at some of the escape ideas at the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie? I guess you did not really understand it then...

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2004 at 8:58 PM

Brilliant fun page on Berlin here :-) Thank you for your wonderful narrations and beautiful pictures .. will help me when I am there in late 2004 !!

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 5:05 AM

What a small world ! We were there in '95 on a self-drive. Potsdamer Platz was still bare. Fascinating place.You've led a very interesting life. Well done. Great pages.

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2003 at 3:56 AM

There is no other city in Europe which has so dramatically changed than Berlin ... a marvellous page again and I hope to be there soon!

• suraphona's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2003 at 8:52 PM

Again nice pics. & infos.

• vanessadb's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2003 at 3:24 PM

Good page with some beautiful pictures

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2003 at 1:51 PM

Nice photos! Seems that you enjoyed your stay.

Badges & Stats in Berlin