"Different priorities these days..." CandS's Profile

...we have a new addition to our family (2 kids now) so overseas travels have taken a back bench for the while... :)

Here's a list of our more major travels...although I rarely update anymore...

July/August 1999 - Hong Kong (and Macau) for a week...
September to November 2000 - Europe on a 10 week backpacking trip and Singapore for a couple of nights
April 2001 - road trip - Great Ocean Road and Adelaide
August 2002 - a road trip - Broken Hill
June/July 2003 - sailing the Whitsunday Islands on a 40 foot catamaran. Also check out my Airlie Beach page
April/May 2004 - A fantastic trip to Vanuatu. Also check out the area pages of Port Vila, Efate, Lelepa Island, Tanna Island, Hideaway Island and Pango
August 2004 - Perth and south-western WA...
January/February 2005 - Penang, Malaysia for a week with my girlfriends
September/October 2005 - an amazing 'around the world' honeymoon after our wedding for 5.5 weeks... Hawaii, New York City, London, Egypt (Cairo, Dahab, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel) and Thailand (Bangkok and River Kwai)...
December 2005 - Christchurch, New Zealand to visit family for Christmas
November 2006 - Perth, Western Australia for a wedding
August 2007 - Mooloolaba & Stradbroke Island, Queensland, Australia
October 2012 - Fiji!!
May 2014 - China!!!!!

Sky Diving!

In September and November 2002 I went sky diving!!!!!! :) Wow...what an experience!!! :) (especially for someone who can't stand planes and is scared of heights)

I did two static line (solo) 'jumps' with a bunch of friends who were doing their first jumps too. We really had a wonderful time!!! Check out more photos and info on my Forbes page if you're interested. :) I'd totally recommend you do it too if you get the chance... :)

Snow in Australia!?! :)

I have had quite a few emails and comments lately from people not realising that some parts of Australia actually gets snow...so here you go...a photo to prove it. ;)

If you want to see more you can visit my Falls Creek page. :)

Even I was surprised to find snow at Thredbo when I went in December 2004...the middle of our summer and there was still snow!?!? Crazy!

• Intro Updated Apr 5, 2014

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Hi youve been a member for such a long time! Excellent travel places on your page!

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:34 AM

yep your 14th vt anniversary is coming up soon, my 10th is coming up in October. i was a lot higher on the rankings but 2 reshuffles sent me way up from 60 or 55 or something to over 100 and been stuck here for ages. Almost no point worrying about it anymore unless i write more tips but lots of what ive got here is never looked at, never rated anyway or members come and rate 1 or 2 and think it helps. I enjoy roaming around others travels here and in the forums - so i spend more time giving info and socialising rather than improving my pages lol!
      ONe tip would be to for sure to get the LP guidebook for China and start looking through, even gradually bits here and there so you can ponder over ideas as theres so many options. id more go for the places that are at risk of changing - even Fenhuang, which is on the river is changing and thankfully still got old stuff but being surrounded by new. Its not so far from Wulingyuan mountains/Avatar mountains or also near Zhangjiajie which is easy enough to travel around independently. I was going to look into how easy it is to get down to there from off the Yangze river boats at Yichang. as appears theres a train down www.travelchinaguide.com should help enough with train routes info. im going to try to add more of my recent travels - im not really here to travel as im on a student visa but have managed to get 3 trips in during our 6 week break, plus we did do a 5 day trip up to Lanzhou and Xining as a student group and then ive done a weekend away and a few day trips and hopefully next week will go north for a bit.
      anyway nice to hear from you!

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:35 AM

i used to drive down through Wagga wagga here and there to visit friends at Tumba Rumba, or ski down at Perisher, or trips back from Adelaide and Melbourne....hows WW these days?!

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Hi from Melbourne. Your lovely bridal picture caught my eye, then Wagga! I was there long ago - eons ago - out at Forest Hill RAAF. !8 months altogether. Wonderful time. Did switchboard duty and got 'involved' with a lass on the Wagga switchboard. Often wondered ?? .. Good od Bayliss Street! Best Wishes and Happy Travelling to you. (Laurie Edward on Facebook - and Youtube.)

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Thanks Australia2... :) Yeah I love WW, great place although I know we don't get a good wrap amongst the defence people... Happy Travelling to you too. :)

• ErwinKoo's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM

You have been to sooo many beautiful places ! Vanuatu ..i want i want i wantttt :-)

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Thanks! Yeah I'm very lucky to have travelled so much...before kids I'd save up every penny just to travel again to the next destination... :) Now mortgage/kids don't allow it so much... :/ One day....................... PS Vanuatu is AMAZING!!!!

• ErwinKoo's Profile Photo
      Apr 27, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Yes, you are very fortunate..saw that many nice remote islands on the east of Australia..would be very expensive and quite difficult for an Indonesian like me to go there, hopefully someday i could :-)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Just noticed your last log in date which explains why I couldn't get hold of you when I visited! Hope you return some time. CHeers, Ian

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:05 AM

Haha yeah sorry had a massive break from VT...kids huh? ;)

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I hope your get to do everything you want to do this New Year! Wishes to you from New Jersey.

• jh2000choi's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Hi Cands !!! Happy New Year 2010 for you From jh of Korea.

• Dec 31, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Happy new year 2008! Nikos from Greece and Emmy from Thailand

• pattayaraj's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2007 at 11:23 PM

Hi Sherie! Happy New Year! Wish you a very happy,healthy and blessing for this 2008. : ))

• Dominiques's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2007 at 5:01 AM

I don't like wedding dresses in general but yours looks great. And on top of that you live in Wagga Wagga. Wadadde Dadda!

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 11:49 AM

My girlfriend Shelley and I live in a place called "Barking Town" - I think it would make a fantastic sister city for Wagga Wagga. What do you think ? - Kind Regards M & S.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!