"I'm working on it!" traveltime08's Profile

Call me a rambler, a traveler, a sojourner...

I was the kid who couldn't stay in my own yard. Let out of sight, I could be found hours later visiting one of the neighbors or making new friends blocks away. The only one in my family to move more than 20 miles from my hometown, I was gifted in the cradle with wanderlust. This made me suspect of being a changeling- if I didn't look so much like all my siblings, I'm sure they would have gone back to the hospital to check to see if babies had been switched.

To this day, my family doesn't understand why I want to see different sunsets and greet the day in places that are unfamiliar. And to sleep in a bed not your own- horrors!

I recently met one of my goals when my best traveling friend and I completed a 3 week trip out west. For both of us, we visited the last of the 50 United States, so we can now say we have seen our homeland. Now on to other unexplored destinations throughout the world.

I've been extremely lucky in my life to find other dear friends who also like to travel. I truly believe you don't really get to know someone until you've spent a couple of weeks in their company away from home.

I did an extensive amount of traveling while working, and I still do some contract work if it will take me somewhere I haven't been or somewhere that is a jumping off point to where I want to go.

The worst thing now is that I took an early retirement, so many of my best traveling companions are still working- and we have to schedule trips around their vacations. As for me, I keep a bag packed and I'm ready to go anywhere at short notice.

I plan to work more on my site soon, but I'm fortunate to have a lot of traveling planned from now until the end of the year.

I'm not sure if this is what I want to stay on my homepage forever, but at least I guess it is a start.

• Intro Written Aug 26, 2008

Oct 25, 2008 at 2:51 AM

greetings from australia

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Hi there, 'newbie':-) Why not put some info on your pages?Cheers, Diana.p.s. Great start:-)

• Aug 24, 2008 at 4:51 PM

So good, thank you so much for taking the time. I'm researching right now but have a way better idea of what I'm doing. Awesome tip on the local grocery stores, your totally right! Thanks.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2008 at 3:30 AM

G'day from downunder! Welcome to vt :o) Cheers, Ann.

• Dester's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Us hillbillies have to stick together, Ha

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Hi and welcome to VT :))

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Thank you for your wonderful comment! Hope (Know) Wyoming will be all you expect it to be. It is our all time favorite state.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 10:09 PM

belated welcome to vt. nice to see you in the forums. Underground town in Australia sounds fascinating, hope you have some pictures to post. n .

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

traveltime08

“While we live, let us live!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.