"Ho Chi Minh City Tourist traps" Ho Chi Minh City by tropical459

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide: 3,131 reviews and 7,263 photos

Tourist traps in Ho Chi Minh City

I have never had so much trouble getting a fair price from motor bike taxis or pedel cycle taxis in any other city in the world. I see now that I should have agreed a price before sitting down and not believed the little books of written recommendations from other travellers that they have hidden about their bodies.
It was my first time travelling on my own, I was easy pickings. Even when I did agree a price, they upped it considerably at the end of the journey. In the end I would ask at reception a fair price from 'a' to 'b' and would pay my charge before getting in.
I loved Ho Chi Minh City, the market was a bit intense. I was pulled and pushed and shouted at relentlessly. When I saw a disfigured woman selling postcards I made sure to buy a stack from her only to find out she had been selling well over the odds. You have to laugh....don't you!

• Last visit to Ho Chi Minh City: Apr 2009
  • Intro Written Apr 25, 2009

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Hello, Vicki! Thanks for your story! ><><><

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM

sad as it could be an interesting way to get around but will bear it mind if im ever there to not plan to use these bikes and things and reduce the risk of being ripped off!

tropical459

“Eat for free anywhere in the world by joining eatwithalocal.com”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City

Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?

Photos in Ho Chi Minh City