"Home stays" tropical459's Profile
When I was in Fiji I stayed with a family in a village. Judith and Simon gave us a lovely welcome. We sat with the family at mealtimes. Rosa their daughter in law who was heavily pregnant at the time served the most magnificent meals cooked in the little kitchen at the end of the dining area. I think that Homestays are the way to travel. You get to stay among the locals and get to know their customs.
Judith used to teach in the local school. She took us to the school to watch the children being taught. The children sat with their little slates and chalk in complete concentration. The visit ended with them singing us a little song.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Commented on one of tropical459's London videos
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "Re: vietnam"
- tropical459 and marrakech_78 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to London
- created a London Travel Page "Eat with a local in London"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Eat with a local in London"
- Wrote a Review Local food in Orlando Restaurants
created their Personal Page "Eating with a local in Goa, India"
Top 5 Pages
- Fiji 1 review, 4 photos
- London Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 3 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 1 review, 2 photos