"Home stays" tropical459's Profile

Home stays

When I was in Fiji I stayed with a family in a village. Judith and Simon gave us a lovely welcome. We sat with the family at mealtimes. Rosa their daughter in law who was heavily pregnant at the time served the most magnificent meals cooked in the little kitchen at the end of the dining area. I think that Homestays are the way to travel. You get to stay among the locals and get to know their customs.
Judith used to teach in the local school. She took us to the school to watch the children being taught. The children sat with their little slates and chalk in complete concentration. The visit ended with them singing us a little song.

Homestay Fiji

Judith and I outside her comfortable bungalow in Fiji

• Intro Written Apr 10, 2008

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Mr Vicki, i wish you very Happy birthday in advance cheers. Mahavir Yadav

• raykey's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Happy Birthday Vicky. Love eating with locals, taste the world, luv it. Hope you have a nice birthday.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Thanks for the idea Vicki. I'll take a look at it. Have you done much of it?

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Thanks for the note. It sounds like a great idea. Glad you enjoyed your home stay. The Fijian people are so very friendly how could you not.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Hi and tx for the visit. Your site certainly looks fun and interesting but cooking professionally 6 days a week, I don't cook on my time off! Cheers, John.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Excellent experiences you had. Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations.

• Petruta's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Thank you for the note. I was little ambiguous because i dont know with what to start. I'll keep in minde your advices. Thanks

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
tropical459's Profile Photo

tropical459

“Eat for free anywhere in the world by joining eatwithalocal.com”

Ranked Member