"Cesis" Cesis by eksvist
Cesis Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 165 photos
Cesis is a town in Latvia located in the northern part of the Vidzeme Central upland.
Cesis is on the Gauja River valley, and is built on a series of ridges above the river overlooking the "blue woods" below. It is the capital of Cesis County.
Population there is about 18000 people.
The planning of the town of Cçsis was done in the second half of the 13th century. The market place with a church was in the centre of the town. The centre of housing was the stone castle of the Livonian Order with its three fortified towers.
When you needed just to spend the time by walking, you can do it in May Park in centre of city. It is beautyful park... more travel advice
eksvist's Related Pages
Cesis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The start point of christianic Latvia"
- "Cesis – historical town"
- "Wet wet wet Cesis"
- "Cesis - medieval atmosphere Latvian town"
- "Cesis - wonderful town in Latvia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesis
- Hotels in Cesis
- Transportation in Cesis
- Nightlife in Cesis
- Restaurants in Cesis
- Shopping in Cesis
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cesis
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Cesis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesis
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 17 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Intro, 19 reviews, 76 photos
- Rome Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos
- Athens Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Monistrol de Montserrat Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Capri Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos