"Borkum" Borkum by brummielaura
Borkum Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 80 photos
Borkum is the largest of the East Frisian islands off the coast of Germany (there are 7 islands in total).
Tourists have been coming to this island since the 19th century, and for a reason - it's beautiful! Also, the North Sea climate is meant to be very healthy (mild temperatures, fresh air and all).
Part of the island belongs to Germany's second largest national park (Nationalpark Niedersaechsisches Wattenmeer); if you're lucky you can spot seals from the beach.
The white sand could easily compete with any Caribbean beach! You can walk for miles and miles... In summer, make sure you hire a 'Strandkorb' (see picture) - they are typical of the region and quite useful: you can sit in there and you'll be sheltered from the wind and sun.
This is a museum ship. It can be visited as part of a guided tour. more travel advice
The first lighthouse in Germany powered by electricity, built in 1888/89. It's the smallest of a total of three... more travel advice
brummielaura's Related Pages
Borkum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Borkum: Island with high sea climate"
- "I wished to see the Nordsee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borkum
- Hotels in Borkum
- Transportation in Borkum
- Nightlife in Borkum
- Restaurants in Borkum
- Shopping in Borkum
- Warnings and Dangers in Borkum
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Borkum
- 13 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Borkum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borkum
Photos in BorkumSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Birmingham Intro, 33 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wuppertal Intro, 16 reviews, 10 photos
- Borkum Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos