"Pampanga, Clark and Angles" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Pampanga by lahoree

Province of Pampanga Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 335 photos

On North Luzon Expressway!

October 2 – I left Manila for Clark via North Luzon Expressway. The expressway is 4 lane initially then three and ultimately just two lanes after covering about 20km or so from Manila toll plaza. It is tempting to drive on, nicely paved shoulders that can also be used for overtaking. I had traveled a couple of times on this highway when visiting Subic and Baguio, but this was my first driving experience, truly awesome. Initially I kept my speed within admissible limit as I still remember spotting speed guns during my last travel. But when a couple of cars have overtaken me, I felt they have stepped on me and I started chasing. I was not caught with my pants down; perhaps speed guns are activated on weekends only.

Soon I left expressway on Pampanga exit; this was my mistake as I was supposed to exit on Clark/Angles Toll but the map with me was showing that my destination is near SM Mall. I wasn’t aware there is another SM Mall in Clark. Any how I had my late breakfast at McDo in San Fernando City and headed towards Clark.

Preparations for the trip!

Thursday October 2

6:35am - Partly cloudy, weather forecast still not promising as there is chance of thunderstorm until Saturday in Subic. I am taking chance and will leave within the next three hours. My plan is to visit Arayat National Park, St. Ana church, Angles City Flying Club, Clark Museum, Free port zone and Cemetery. If weather will be accommodating, I will also try Mt. Pinatubo Trek.

Wedenesday October 1

11:15am - I am sitting in my condominium. Within the last 15 minutes panoramic view of Metro Manila skyline from my condo's TV lounge is totally blocked by clouds. I can't even see skyscraper in front of my building. Typhoon Higos that had started showing its symptoms late in the afternoon yesterday is now at its peak.

I am wondering if I will be able to start my trip scheduled for tomorrow. I will be able to join Mt. Pinatubo trek on Saturday?

I am prepared. Secured hotel reservation, booked tour for Mt. Pinatubo trek. Yesterday, I had sent my travel buddy for checking its water, oil and also tyre pressure, for shampoo and vacuum. I have also purchased a nice little back pack. Tour operator had informed me that I will need a small back pack for the trek.

Kaheen tael malay ka mala na rah jaaye, langot kussay ka kussana rah jaaye like my KL trip:) Sitting with my fingers crossed!

• Last visit to Province of Pampanga: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 16, 2009

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hey Nasser, helpful tips and great photos of Phlps, keep postin' ... :)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2010 at 3:31 PM

You show some very nice sites, especially the wonderful picture of Mt Pinatubo. Good presentation and comments.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Your travelogues brought me to Mt. Pinatubo on a virtual trip. Your pictures were great. I laughed out loud while reading your narratives, especially your adventures & misadventures with your slippers. Thanks for sharing;-)

• ligaya's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 4:42 AM

mabuhay. great page.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Nice Pampanga tips - I never even heard of the Clark Museum...thanks for sharing, Norman:)

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2008 at 6:41 AM

Lovely Province of Pampanga travel pages. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• Kisses&Co's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 8:28 PM

I want to see Mt. Pinatubo in real too, Kuya. I feel envy with you!!!!!! Great pics!!! I loved them all!!! :-)

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Oye Moosafer, thats am amazing page. You were really adventurous here!

• asianbelle's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2008 at 7:41 PM

you left pinatubo at 1:15pm? gosh, we left the crater at 3:30pm... hahaha... but truly, it was an experience that can't be described by words alone.

Badges & Stats in Province of Pampanga

Have you been to Province of Pampanga?

Videos in Province of Pampanga