"Pampanga, Clark and Angles" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Pampanga by lahoree
Province of Pampanga Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 348 photos
October 2 – I left Manila for Clark via North Luzon Expressway. The expressway is 4 lane initially then three and ultimately just two lanes after covering about 20km or so from Manila toll plaza. It is tempting to drive on, nicely paved shoulders that can also be used for overtaking. I had traveled a couple of times on this highway when visiting Subic and Baguio, but this was my first driving experience, truly awesome. Initially I kept my speed within admissible limit as I still remember spotting speed guns during my last travel. But when a couple of cars have overtaken me, I felt they have stepped on me and I started chasing. I was not caught with my pants down; perhaps speed guns are activated on weekends only.
Soon I left expressway on Pampanga exit; this was my mistake as I was supposed to exit on Clark/Angles Toll but the map with me was showing that my destination is near SM Mall. I wasn’t aware there is another SM Mall in Clark. Any how I had my late breakfast at McDo in San Fernando City and headed towards Clark.
Thursday October 2
6:35am - Partly cloudy, weather forecast still not promising as there is chance of thunderstorm until Saturday in Subic. I am taking chance and will leave within the next three hours. My plan is to visit Arayat National Park, St. Ana church, Angles City Flying Club, Clark Museum, Free port zone and Cemetery. If weather will be accommodating, I will also try Mt. Pinatubo Trek.
Wedenesday October 1
11:15am - I am sitting in my condominium. Within the last 15 minutes panoramic view of Metro Manila skyline from my condo's TV lounge is totally blocked by clouds. I can't even see skyscraper in front of my building. Typhoon Higos that had started showing its symptoms late in the afternoon yesterday is now at its peak.
I am wondering if I will be able to start my trip scheduled for tomorrow. I will be able to join Mt. Pinatubo trek on Saturday?
I am prepared. Secured hotel reservation, booked tour for Mt. Pinatubo trek. Yesterday, I had sent my travel buddy for checking its water, oil and also tyre pressure, for shampoo and vacuum. I have also purchased a nice little back pack. Tour operator had informed me that I will need a small back pack for the trek.
Kaheen tael malay ka mala na rah jaaye, langot kussay ka kussana rah jaaye like my KL trip:) Sitting with my fingers crossed!
Our experience with tour guide was not that good. As indicated in my earlier trip, I was off the track twice right in... more travel advice
This place is right in front of entrance to Clark city. Nice place for time passing, window shopping or just for dining. more travel advice
lahoree's Related Pages
Province of Pampanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pampanga, Clark and Angles"
- "Pampanga on a Weekend!"
- "The colorful, multi-faceted Pampanga"
- "Atin Cu Pung Singsing!"
- "My Second Home - Sta. Ana, Pampanga"
- "HOTAIR BALLOONING AT CLARK, PAMPANGA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Pampanga
- Hotels in Province of Pampanga
- Transportation in Province of Pampanga
- Restaurants in Province of Pampanga
- Shopping in Province of Pampanga
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Pampanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Pampanga
- 12 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Province of Pampanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Pampanga
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: Traveling Philippines"
- updated a Province of Pampanga Travel Page "Pampanga, Clark and Angles"
- Uploaded a Video to Province of Pampanga
- Uploaded a Photo to "October 4 - Mt. Pinatubo (Part 4 - Going back)"
- Wrote a Review Mt. Pinatubo trek - buy a waterproof camera case in Province of Pampanga Warnings and Dangers
Photos in Province of PampangaSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 128 reviews, 110 photos, 9 travelogues
- Royal Chitwan Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 73 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Pampanga Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos, 10 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 55 photos, 7 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 7 travelogues
- Donsol Intro, 52 photos, 8 travelogues
- Uacon Intro, 45 photos, 7 travelogues
- Puerto Galera Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues