"Puerto Galera" Puerto Galera by lahoree
Puerto Galera Travel Guide: 378 reviews and 963 photos
It was four days trip with my family. We left Manila at 3AM and headed towards "South Luzon Expressway". So quiet at that time, deserted highway and my right foot started exerting more pressure on the accelerator and the car started behaving like an unleashed beast. What an exciting start..... However, on exiting expressway, I could not maintain momentum. I now need to consult that map that was drawn by my friend indicating directions towards Batangas Pier from where we had to board RORO.
We were on the outskirts of Batangas city from where we took wrong turn. After covering a couple of kilometers we realized our mistake. It was still dark and we were slowly driving ahead to find some one who could guide us. All we could find was a girl wearing factory uniform, may be she was heading back for home or towards her workplace. I stopped the car besides her and the girl got scared and stood still where she was. Next moment on seeing my wife inquiring about the way, she relaxed a bit. Gathering courage, all she could say with some effort was "thiz way....thiz way", and turned away. We were now on the right track, thanks to unknown girl. My wife asked me how come her parents dare to send their innocent daughter to work at this time. I replied; "every person has his/her problems, some have big problems that force them to do what they might not like to do in ordinary circumstances". We were still on the highway when my wife asked another weird question, "She was so maganda that boys in her area must be competing for her hand, then why..........." I said "come on, I do not want to discuss the matter anymore"; honestly I was speechless. Anyhow, we still remember her.
We were on the Pier now, parked the car in a queue of mini trucks waiting for entry into RORO. After an hour or so, I was asked to drive in, then a couple of trucks followed and RORO was packed. We climbed the upper deck and occupied seats in the last two rows on the back. RORO was now heading towards Balatero Pier. Awesome views of cargo ships, oil tankers and beaches on the way. After two hours or so, we were on the Pier. It was an exciting feeling when I drove out of RORO and the tyres touched an ISLAND for the first time.
We stayed at "Tamaraw Beach Resort" which is located next to famous "White Beach". During that time, not only we enjoyed our stay at the Tamaraw beach, but also had fun island hopping, driving on the island where ever roads lead us. It was also fun searching for "Gardenia Bread" that ultimately proved fruitless. More details on "travelogue" section.
It was our third night on Tamaraw beach, sounds of waves hitting the beach; we were sipping mango shake in a nippa hut, planning to stay for another couple of days. But we could not, our food supplies that we had brought from Manila had depleted.
Next morning, half hearted, we were again on Baltero Pier. We saw a dot far away in the sea. I told my kids, it might be RORO that will take us back to Manila. It then became a point of excitement for them as the dot got bigger and bigger and ultimately it was indeed RORO. My son Safi ultimately jumped "Oh yah! it is "our" RORO....
- Pros:To me Puerto Galera is better than Boracay....
- Cons:Nothing really except you can't find Gardenia bread :)
- In a nutshell:Beaches, islands, a lot of activities on the land.......as well.
A lot has already been said on VT about transportation options between Manila and Batangas. However, I would like to add... more travel advice
It is fun exploring various small islands while sailing on banca. Do not go towards Sabang and neighboring beaches as... more travel advice
lahoree's Related Pages
Puerto Galera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Galera - Port of Galleons"
- "Puerto Galera and its beautiful sites"
- "Puerto Galera"
- "Puerto Galera"
- "WHITE BEACH, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Oriental"
- "Paradise Galera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Galera
- Hotels in Puerto Galera
- Transportation in Puerto Galera
- Nightlife in Puerto Galera
- Restaurants in Puerto Galera
- Shopping in Puerto Galera
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Galera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Galera
- 6 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Puerto Galera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Galera
Photos in Puerto GaleraSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 128 reviews, 110 photos, 9 travelogues
- Royal Chitwan Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 73 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Pampanga Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos, 10 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 55 photos, 7 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 7 travelogues
- Donsol Intro, 52 photos, 8 travelogues
- Uacon Intro, 45 photos, 7 travelogues
- Puerto Galera Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues