"Too busy at work.... no travel yet!" lahoree's Profile

April 12 - May 2

New York/Washington DC/Pittsburg - Work & Pleasure

August - Murree

October - Fairy Meadows

February 2011 - May be Egypt, subject to will of Lord

October 28 - December 2, 2009 - Saudi Arabia for Hajj
October 28 - November 14 (Mecca)
November 15 - 24 (Madina)
November 25 - November 29 (Mina for Hajj)
November 30 - December 2 (Aziziz - outskirts of Mecca)

August 29 - 31, 2009

Lonnnng journey of 19 hours to reach Boracay by bus/roro. It was still exciting and rewarding experience.

August 15 - 17

Coron town - only place in Philippines where I felt I am not in Philippines.

July 16 to 19

Wonderful trip to Sabah State of Malaysia. Visited Kota Kinabalu City, completed Liwagu Trek in Kinabalu Park, enjoyed Garama river cruise and Likawi wildlife park.

July 11 - Day for a cause

A day with under privileged kids. We started our day by planting trees followed by ecological tour, magic show and games. We are not only happy for contributing to a better environment but also for bringing smiles on the face of kids…..at least for a day.

May 15 to 17 - Potipot Island

I joined my friends from UP on a camping trip to Potipot island in Zamabales. We reached there just before sun rise and therefore got the best place to pitch our tents under a shady place. All day we had been eating, laughing and soaking ourselves on the beach. As night approached, people started returning to their resorts on the mainland in Zambales and we had whole island to run around freely. A totally unique experience.

April 25 & 26 - Anawangin Cove once again!

Wonderful experience; company was superb, super happy and always laughing; perhaps because six of our group members were dentists. Despite heavy rain at night, they laughed non stop even though their tents flooded; I was also happy because my tent did not *** me off.

I touched Everest with my heart!

Nepal – March 20 to 29

My trip to Nepal was full of uncertainties. Even on the day of my departure, I was not sure if it will be possible for me to leave as Kathmandu city was under heavy haze as a result of no rain for over six months. Visibility was less than half a kilometer and all local and some international flights were cancelled during that week. Strikes near Chitwan jungle had resulted in thousands of people stranded in the Terrari region. Ultimately I decided to leave, “InshAllah” every thing will go as planned and I hopped on Thaiair flight for Kathmandu. And yes God listened to my prayers and every thing went as planned; had amazing views of Everest from the window of Everest flight, enjoyed jungle safari on the back of elephant and visited centuries old temples and cities.

March 14 to 16 - Donsol & Legaspi

It was a wonderful and truly satisfying trip to Legaspi and Donsol; I enjoyed every moment due to a simple reason. It was the first time in my three years of travels in Philippines that I had chosen a non luxury way of travel. After landing at Legaspi airport I “chartered” a tricycle to bus terminal. From there I boarded a van for just 30 pesos. Used tricycle for going to the slopes of Mayon Volcano. I have also been using tricycles for short rides in Donsol for a small amount of 20 pesos. This mode of transportation was undoubtedly the most rewarding compared to my trips where I was using my own car and almost always I was lost on the roads and towns. Added bonus was close interaction with locals; I have at last overcome my hesitation.

Tagaytay, Zambales & Anawangin

La Union once again !!! February 7 and 8

It was my second visit to San Juan La Union in a month. TF folks had announced annual surfing competition there and I decided to join the group at the eleventh hour, thanks to Tikoy for accommodating me at such a short notice. I was with the “spectator” group.

January 25 - Calaruega and Picnic Groove Tagaytay

Marianne, Barbie, Winnie and I left for Tagaytay early in the morning. We visited Calaruega and Picnic Groove there. I was not aware of these beautiful places before; was really impressed. We bought fresh sea food and vegetables and grilled at Picnic Groove...thanks to Barbie for fried fish and fries and to Winnie for grilling egg plant. We were back to Manila at night and had our dinner at "Burger King" at Galleria.

San Juan, La Union

January 17 and 18 - Zambales & Anawangin

Another weekend escape! We left Manila at 4am on Jan 17 for Zambales. From Zambales we hopped on a banca for Capones Island and Anawangin. Capones Island offers nice one hour hike towards deserted light house on top of a hill. Later we turned towards Anawangin beach. Beach is really awesome, offering true camping experience. However on the back of the camping site is Anawangin River. What should I say about that river, I would like to go there again! Just before sunset we were back to the resort at Pundakit.

January 10 and 11

That was a totally new experience; starting a two day trip with 11 strangers, who are now my new friends. I was hesitant initially and therefore Tik booked a separate room for me at the resort. 11 strangers proved to be a good company and we had great time together as beach bummers, surfers and posers. Most of the members were there for surfing. Owing to strong current, they have to move to another beach where waves were less strong. I and a couple of others from the beach just enjoyed watching rise and fall of surfers .

December 2008 - I was on work vacations at home!

For a day I had a tour of Lahore with my buddy Sikander. We visited Lahore Fort, Badshahi Mosque, Tombs of Emperor Jahangir, his wife, daughter and that of his brother Asif Jah. Asif Jah was the father of Queen Mumtaz whose tomb is worlds famous "Taj Mahal" in Agra India. All these places are massive historical architectural structures speaking of the glory and fall of Mughal Empire that lasted for nearly 1,000 years. We managed visiting all the places in one day because we traveled around on motorcycle.

Visit my Lahore and Sheikhupura pages…..

Taal Lake

November 9

I hiked towards the crater lake of Taal Volcano. Marianne, Jonx, Tham, donna uno Barbie and offcourse my pangga joined. We left at 7 am for Tagaytay for our ultimate destination Tilsay. This place is right on the banks of Taal Lake. To get to this place, one has to drive on a steep road snaking down to the lake, not an easy drive. We then reached on the foot of Taal Volcano by a boat and started our climb to the crater. It took one hour and fifteen minutes to reach the top. On our way back, we had our lunch at "Mushroom Burger" in Tagaytay. It started raining cats and dogs for like three hours and we spent that time in the restaurant chatting, how we can stop talking when we are with Marianne. But there was one exception; Ma'am Jonx strictly follows "talking is hazardous to health”. We left the restaurant when it was dark. Little drama when we were about to exit Tagaytay; a jeepney kissed the butt of my pangga........

Back from Mt. Pinatubo

October 4

I have completed Mt. Pinatubo trek. It was not a promising start. Last night dinner had messed up with my stomach and consequently, I started with out breakfast. In the middle of climb my rubber shoes leaked and I have to complete the trek with slippers. Along the trek I bumped with a group of PriceWaterhouse Coopers folks. It was nice bonding as PWC accountants world over are part of a small community. Journey back was a really challenge; tackling boulders, wild lahar streams. Clouds started hovering over our heads threatening the intruders to leave. Soon after we seated ourselves in the 4x4 jeeps, thunderstorms started playing havoc followed by heavy rain. After ten minutes or so our jeep broke down. It was dark, when we resumed journey in the middle of heavy rain. Driver was expert in navigating at night although heavy down pour has completely washed away trail left by the other jeeps. At last we were back at our starting point. I started my journey back to Manila on my car.

Visit my Pampanga page for more info..........

Another amazing place in Philippines....

In September, I completed three days Legaspi and Tabaco trip. Thanks to Judith and her family. They made this trip truly overwhelming although typhoon Hagupit was sweeping across Mayon region during that time. What was so special; well in addition to usual contentment that I find by visiting unseen places, this time I also got opportunity to observe Pilipino life style in provinces, family bonding and last but not the least plane spotting, jet engines screaming getting ready to take off. This scream can not be felt inside an aircraft or while sitting in departure lounge?.

• Intro Updated Jul 2, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!