"Howdy From Oklahoma" Susumarie's Profile
Everything is beginning to bloom, and along with the flowers, I have baby geese coming to visit. As the winter birds have left and the spring birds are hatching, I'm realizing this will be something new to look forward to with my upcoming trip across the Atlantic. There will surely be birds I've never seen before, and as my eyes will sparkle at the sights, I am sure my daughter will be rolling her eyes at me...
I ended up in Oklahoma due to work. I ended up in Mustang because I figured if I didn't get away from high traffic, road rage was going to be the end of someone. In Los Angeles, I drove 10 miles, and it took me 30 minutes on a good day, and I was ready to snap when I got to work. When I moved here, I started from the work place and drove outward, determined to find a home that would be a peaceful drive in. I found that in Mustang, a quiet suburb to the west of OKC. When I first got here, I had one stop sign to deal with and could make it in 8 minutes (provided no radar is out...). All I have to deal with are cows on either side of the road; in the winter time, they are quite amusing, steaming out of both ends...
One thing I do appreciate about Oklahoma, is it does have definite seasons -- the pear trees turning beautiful white in spring, everything green and flowering in summer, gorgeous fall colors, and even snow (though usually exciting ice storms...) in the winter. And it is so, so true, if you don't like the weather, just give it an hour or so, and it is sure to have turned on you. Being in tornado alley has, of course, led to some great stories. I have had a 'fraidy cat hole built into my garage floor, but for some reason, the spiders want to multiply down there -- me and spiders do NOT mix. There is nothing down there for them, why they keep going down there has to be only to torment me. One evening when tornadoes were touching down west of me, though, I thought I better clean it out, just in case, so I had the vacuum out, try to suck the buggers up, which is not an easy task. There I am, breaking out in a sweat over the fear (not of the tornado, but of the spiders) with 3 dogs gathered around me wondering if I had lost my mind, when the siren goes off on my corner, meaning it is now time to get the dogs and me down the hole -- and I'm not done sucking up the 8-legged devils!
Everyone around the world seems to have such exotic animals to brag about -- my new friends from Canberra were so proud of their wallabies that just bounded up to their back porches. Well we, too, have OUR lovely creatures! Late at night, these lovely buggers come lurking about -- I do not understand how my dogs can sense they are out, as they will suddenly jump up, barking their heads off, and I'm never sure if there is a burglar out or not. Usually, it is a possum, hissing a storm. If I'm REALLY lucky, though, it'll be a polecat (skunk), and I don't think I will be getting a picture of one of those...
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 52 Reviews
- 149 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Susumarie and janetanne are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Metro (underground) network map about Metro (subway) in Madrid Transportation
- Posted in Travel Madrid Forum "Re: ?thoughts..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Location - Comfortable"
- Uploaded a Video to Phillip Island
updated their Profile Page "Howdy From Oklahoma"
- updated a Sydney Travel Page "Descending Upon Australia"
- Commented on one of janetanne's Anavissos travel pages
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- England Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cairns Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Florence 3 reviews, 6 photos
- France 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55085 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15666 Reviews - 31356 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3730 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12025 Reviews - 26772 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos