"The Pearl of the Pacific" Mazatlán by VictoriaMB
Mazatlán Travel Guide: 471 reviews and 777 photos
I haven't been to Mexico past Mexicali or Rosarita (Baja CA) so a friend of mine and I wanted to travel and she left it in my hands to decide where to go....an all-inclusive travel deal popped so I thought why not Mazatlan? Let's do it!
Our hotel was in the ZonaDorada - Golden Zone which was centrally placed but touristy. Great friendly, charming, locally owned hotel that is not a big resort - Hotel Playa Mazatlan.
Lots of farmers markets, street vendors, and shopping to do here. Cheap, cheap, cheap! Unfortunately, I did run into a Wal-mart. :-((
- Pros:Inexpensive version of Puerto Vallarta, beautiful, lots of exploration options in the area, and the amazing sunsets.
- Cons:Very humid and warm during the summer - expect to sweat alot!, constant bombardment by street and beach vendors and time share salespeople
- In a nutshell:Been there, done that.
Take a catamaran from the beach out to one of these islands for the day. Our host, Taco...yep taco took the two of us... more travel advice
I would say closer to $15 to include tip. Zona Dorada, depending on where exactly you are staying, is a good maybe 25... more travel advice
VictoriaMB's Related Pages
Mazatlán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mazatlan Surf, sand and sun.."
- "Mazatlan - Just after Y2K bug destroyed the world"
- "Mazatlan Mexico by Kimberlyann"
- "guybert's Mazatlan pages!"
- "Mazatlan - Sunshine, Smiles, & Seafood"
- "Some Good Values in Mazatlan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mazatlán
- Hotels in Mazatlán
- Transportation in Mazatlán
- Nightlife in Mazatlán
- Restaurants in Mazatlán
- Shopping in Mazatlán
- Warnings and Dangers in Mazatlán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mazatlán
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mazatlán?Share Your Travels