"The Pearl of the Pacific" Mazatlán by VictoriaMB

Mazatlán Travel Guide: 471 reviews and 777 photos

Mazatlan

I haven't been to Mexico past Mexicali or Rosarita (Baja CA) so a friend of mine and I wanted to travel and she left it in my hands to decide where to go....an all-inclusive travel deal popped so I thought why not Mazatlan? Let's do it!

The hotel

Our hotel was in the ZonaDorada - Golden Zone which was centrally placed but touristy. Great friendly, charming, locally owned hotel that is not a big resort - Hotel Playa Mazatlan.

The city

Lots of farmers markets, street vendors, and shopping to do here. Cheap, cheap, cheap! Unfortunately, I did run into a Wal-mart. :-((

• Pros:Inexpensive version of Puerto Vallarta, beautiful, lots of exploration options in the area, and the amazing sunsets.
  • Cons:Very humid and warm during the summer - expect to sweat alot!, constant bombardment by street and beach vendors and time share salespeople
  • In a nutshell:Been there, done that.
  • Last visit to Mazatlán: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2008

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 8:08 AM

Welcome to VT! great start on your tips.

• Peter_P's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 5:30 AM

Good job !! :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 1:40 AM

Ah what a lovely hotel this is :-)) Makes me want to go and spend a loooong relaxing vacation with books and hiking boots :-)) Good, now you should contrinue with the others (oh my, I am bad and chasing you poor girl :-)

VictoriaMB's Related Pages

VictoriaMB

“When you least expect it, expect it”

Badges & Stats in Mazatlán

Have you been to Mazatlán?

Latest Activity in Mazatlán